Author Topic: Video - Why we adopted Zeus and Apollo!  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Video - Why we adopted Zeus and Apollo!
« on: December 27, 2007, 09:07:10 pm »
Hi all!  I ran across this video today and decided to post it on you tube because I wanted to share it with you.  The video is of Zeus and Apollo at the shelter.  It was the day we decided we would adopt both of them instead of just one.  You could just tell that they belonged together and it wouldn't have been right to seperate them.  And you could also tell that even though they were a little nervous at the shelter, they were just the sweetest boys ever.  My youngest son, Ryan (2 years old) was completely comfortable with them and they weren't bothered by the little munchkin either!  I love this video!  ;D ;D

And a side note, look at their coats!   :o  So full and beautiful.  They're going through a heavy shedding period right now and they look more like white retreivers than the big old pyrs they were in June!  (Even though they've put on over 15 pounds each since then!) Isn't it funny that they're losing that warm fuzzy coat just when they need it the most?!  Poor guys!  Not that they mind, though!  Nothing will keep them from romping around outside like little snow monkeys every chance they get!  Crazy Goofs!!!

Anyway, hope you enjoy the video!  Here's the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIfFC4oQeWs

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Video - Why we adopted Zeus and Apollo!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:51 pm »
Oh, Amy!  That video brought tears to my eyes. I could watch it over and over. I don't know who was enjoying Zeus and Apollo more - Ryan or your husband. And, I agree, how could you leave one behind and take the other. Thank you so much for sharing that with us - and for saving your boys.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:28:01 pm »
Ohhhhh I love it!  They are such beautiful boys and they look so young in that video, still just big puppies really.  It makes me want to hug them, too.  ;D  :-*  I'm so glad that you adopted both of them.  It just goes to show what each person or family can do to help give all of these homeless pets a home of their own.  Thank you for giving Apollo & Zeus the home & the love that they were needing.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 09:52:41 pm »
AAHHHHHH Amy. I love it!  :D :D :D I watched it twice (+ your others too.  ;)) What a beautiful Family! Two legged AND four.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:39:25 pm »
How sweet! They are so gentle  :)
I have a problem here...Lily wouldn't stop barking since I started the video...silly dog   :D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:11 pm »
How sweet! They are so gentle  :)
I have a problem here...Lily wouldn't stop barking since I started the video...silly dog   :D

Lily probably wants to arrange a meet & greet with Apollo & Zeus!!  LOL ;) ;D  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 11:39:07 pm »
Oh Goodness, The boys wouldn't know what to do in the presence of a lady as pretty as Lily!   ;D ;D  A meet and greet would be super fun though!   :D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 12:20:21 am »
Oh Goodness, The boys wouldn't know what to do in the presence of a lady as pretty as Lily!   ;D ;D  A meet and greet would be super fun though!   :D

Don't let that look to fool you...I just found her playing with a dead mouse in the backyard  >:( Not so pretty...Stell a can relate to this  ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:03:30 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 02:24:28 am »
Eeeewwwwwww! :P  Gross!  OK, they would get along great for sure!  I woke up this morning to discover Apollo eating out of the cat's litter box!  Now that's disgusting!  :o

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 03:59:46 pm »
SO CUTE~  I want one!!!!
~Kristen
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita