Author Topic: To bad husband of the month is taken  (Read 10487 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
To bad husband of the month is taken
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:20:03 pm »
OK So my hubby is not nearly as good as Stella's but he did do something nice today:

A few days ago I just lost it; sat everyone down for a family meeting and ripped them all to shreds - my 15 year old son has gone from a good kid to a lazy, sarcastic, lump and my darling 8 year old daughter has issues with impulsivity she does whatever she wants when she wants damn the consequences (and believe me there are consequences) and hubby works for UPS so I haven't seen him since thanksgiving anyway I wrote out my issues with all of them and one of the ones with hubby is that he won't let me have another large dog (he ok'd a little dog but I just don't see it at this point in my life when I'm a little older and can't walk a big dog maybe)

Anyway I went on to tell him what gives him the right to stop me from having something that makes me happy even if it is more work for him - he has 2 harley davidsons that are work and take him away from the family on his very little family time...anyway he took the lashing and didn't say anything and today he said lets go do something and he took me to the aspca to see if there was anything interesting, thankfully there wasn't (that means not to many disgarded dogs) if we had gone earlier in the day maybe because there were 3 that I would have considered but they were all adopted, thats a good thing!!

I still want a mastiff the waiting list is rather long but I can wait I don't even know if harley wants a sister but just the fact that he is considering another dog is a step in the right direction.

Modified to add:  also he is only husband of the month because there is only 1 day left in the month!

Randy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 10:20:59 pm by aggghgmom »

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: To bad husband of the month is taken
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:30:11 pm »

Modified to add:  also he is only husband of the month because there is only 1 day left in the month!

LMAO that is great! Not necessary the reason why "because there is only 1 day left" but just the line.

It sucks that you had to tear into everyone but like Tina said, it's good that you got it off your chest. Hopefully the children listen and take to heart what you said and not just let it wear off in a week.

Can you tear into my mother so I can get another dog?  ;)
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 11:27:48 pm »
Randy,
Good job- sometimes the husband and the kids just dont get it and they take extreme advantage of the mom- been there done that... and it always seems that the husbands have a "hobby" that takes up spare time etc. Hopefully you will find your Mastiff baby girl soon. I know that she is going to be one lucky pup.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 12:23:14 am »
I bet it felt so good to get that all off your chest.  And it sounds like you may have finally gotten thru to your husband about another large dog, too.  Good for you.

I hope you find your mastiff girl and don't have to wait too long for her.  Good luck!

Offline saintlykallismom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 02:59:34 am »
Hi,

I am new to the board, but I am lover of big dogs. I just wanted to comment that I went through the same kind of arguement with my fiance about getting a large dog. I eventually freaked out and gave him all the reasons why I thought that I should be allowed to get a dog and then asked why he didn't think we should his response was "i just don't want one" well that was it I got on petfinder and everyday I asked to get a dog and showed him ones I liked. Well after about 2 months he caved; we now have a 6 month saint bernard and he loves her so much... i think when he is at work he gets seperation anxiety haha its cute. Sometimes you just got to stand up for something you love so passionately. I am glad that he saw your side of things and goodluck finding another memember of your family.
Proud mama of:

Kalli- 6(?)month old saint bernard
Lexi- 6 mth old orange and white kitten
Franco- 5 yearold big black cat

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 05:39:03 am »
Randy I'm glad you told your hubby what you thought...and I'm THRILLED with the outcome! ;D See...he just needed to be reminded that what you want matters, that's all! :D ;D ;)

I'm happy for you...I hope you find the dog of your dreams (and Harley's dreams) soon! ;D

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:29:15 pm »
Congratulation s Randy!  Sometimes you have to make your point forcefully to be heard.  As others here commented, it is all too easy to be taken for granted.  In our house, we each get a say, but take turns on picking the breed.  15 years ago, my hubby wanted English Springer Spaniels.  He had always wanted one, so, I got him a puppy.  6 months later we got another one.  Last year when we lost the first one, it was my turn to pick a breed.  I chose Max and then when we knew we were going to lose the second one, I got Cody.  Then when Max needed a playmate, I got Jake.  When we lose these, it will be his turn again.  We will probably have Springers again.  He really loved them and wants another.  Oh well, hopefully my 3 will live very, very, long lives.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 01:23:27 pm »
Good for you Randy!!! Two dogs always better than one  ;D
I am still working on my hubby though  ;) Can you help?  :D
It took me two years to talk him into a getting a dog, then another two in getting a big hairy dog (he has allergies)  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 04:18:34 pm »
Great news! But, more importantly, did the message get through to the lump son and the impulsive daughter???
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

enuffpaws

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 04:53:58 pm »
HAhaHA lol As a fellow biker myself I'll just remind you men are simple in nature you ladies must spell it out for us at times.Trust me as the house turns into biker bunch central with stella serving 20 to 30 bikers with a smile lol. For me it's simple stella gets what she wants ;D. No seriously I'm sure now you talked he'll be better and get that new pupper. ;D

dale ;)

PS it cold and snowie here so i'm not riding now lol   

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:13:42 pm »
HAhaHA lol As a fellow biker myself I'll just remind you men are simple in nature you ladies must spell it out for us at times.Trust me as the house turns into biker bunch central with stella serving 20 to 30 bikers with a smile lol. For me it's simple stella gets what she wants ;D. No seriously I'm sure now you talked he'll be better and get that new pupper. ;D

dale ;)

PS it cold and snowie here so i'm not riding now lol   

Yup cold and snowy here too - the motorcycles are covered in the garage.  Hubby tells the kids all the time they need to learn that if Mom isn't happy noone is but sometimes he doesn't take his own advise!!

You are an awesome husband and a credit to your breed!!! 

Randy & Harley (Can you tell what Harley was named after?)

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:43:49 pm »
Where do we nominate hubbys of the month? I would like to nominate my wonderful man!!

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes

marypyrs

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:03:24 pm »
Let's start right here, Eh? A Hubby of the Month of June.    ;) I second your's!  :-* Now then. Let's here some more ~ ~ ~

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 11:36:19 pm »
Im going to make a post in the general section "hubbys of the month" :) haha this should be fun.

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes