Author Topic: Daphne is a sick girl  (Read 6605 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Daphne is a sick girl
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:22:02 pm »
First off, Happy New Year to everyone!!  Mine obviously has started out FABULOUSLY :-\
OK, so Daphne has been vomiting since Sat, once or twice a day.  No rhyme nor reason to it, it wasn't a specific time after she ate or anything and she was fine otherwise so I just kind of watched her thinking that it may have been a bit of nerves since it stormed on and off all weekend.  Yesterday I just gave her some chicken and rice and again she seemed fine, if she did vomit she just ate it (as dogs will do) before I got home.  This morning she woke me up at 6:50 to go out, just like yesterday, so I thought maybe she was going to be sick again (that is early for her to wake me up).  By the time I got ready to go out and check on her she was at the door ready to come in.  About an hour later she was standing at the door looking pathetic so I let her out again, slipped on my shoes and followed her out.  She went poo (a little) behind the shed so I was looking to see if she had passed anything or if it was a weird color.  By the time I came back around to the front she was laying in the yard (right next to where Navarre laid when he got sick, oddly enough) and would not move.  I had to pick her up to bring her inside.  Finally got the vet (who is closed today) on the phone and she met me at the office.  So she is thinking Daphne is either septic (her gums are not evenly colored and they are very pale, kind of grey actually), has a perforation somewhere, or it may even be her heart which apparently was going crazy but that may be from nerves so she's going to monitor it.  So now it's a wait and see and of course, I have to go to work now!!!

So now that I've rambled on and on, as I have a tendency to do!!!, please keep Daphne in your thoughts today and I will let ya'll know what's happening as soon as I do!!

Thanks,
H-ton
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

enuffpaws

Re: Daphne is a sick girl
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:07:58 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that Daphne is not feeling well. Thank goodness you were able to get her to the vet today where she can be monitored. At least there you know any changes can be monitored and addressed quickly and appropriately while you are at work.Feel better soon, little girl and stop giving your mom heart failure.
Stella

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:00:31 pm »
We'll be thinking about you today - let us know when you hear anything...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:18:49 pm »
My crew and I are thinking about you and Daphne !  Gaye
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 07:00:56 pm »
Awww... Poor Daphne. Maybe she just tied one on tonight. I know a lot of people who are feeling the same way this morning! ;)

Please let us know what the vet says. I'd be beside myself with worry. Big hugs to Daphne and another for you.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 07:23:01 pm »
Sending you good vibes, thoughts and prayers from my gang in Florida.  I have a candle lit too.  Good luck and I am sure she is in good hands.  Sounds like your vet is a very special person and will do everything possible to monitor the situation.  Probably just a little post stress from the holidays.  Good luck and think good thoughts.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 07:28:17 pm »
Oh poor girl . I am glad you  were able to catch her not feeling well so you can be on top of it. We are keeping you both in our thoughts :-*

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »
Poor Daphne I hope she is feeling better?  Will she be going back to the vet or do you need to keep an eye on her?

We will keep you and Daphne, of course, in our thought.

Randy and Harley

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 11:59:07 pm »
Poor Daphne and you.  I hope she is feeling tons better and able to come home real soon.  Big hugs to both of you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 12:01:29 am »
Hopefully the vet will come up with a minor diagnosis. Rosie's sending good thoughts your way!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 12:16:54 am »
Goodness, we hope she is on the mend quickly!  Thinking of you!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 01:20:56 am »
i hope she feels better really soon.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 02:11:13 am »
At the moment they think it's her heart.  I must have misunderstood this morning, I thought it was beating too fast but apparently it's not beating strong/hard enough.  Her blood pressure was really low, it was hard to get the blood sample.  The EKG showed that the QRS portion (which I actually knew what that meant from my A&P class I took this fall!) of the reading was too spread out, it usually takes up 4-5 blocks and hers was taking up 6.  Her white cell count was very low (2300) and she was very dehydrated.  They started her on a heart med, starts with a V but it's escaping me at the moment, and antibiotics.  Her temp is back up, this morning it was 99.1 and it was 101 this evening.  They are going to monitor her to see if the meds work, if something else seems to be going on they will do some x-rays, but the vet thinks it's her heart.  So I guess she'll have to take meds and be monitored from now on; I just hope the meds aren't too expensive!!

Issy has been walking around with the rooster that their SS gave them all day and whining (she usually teases Daphne with it).  And Axle (yes I still have him) has been looking all over the house, then comes and stares at me and slings his head like he's disgusted!!

Thanks for all the well wishes, hopefully I can bring her home tomorrow but we will wait and see.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 11:35:48 am »
It sounds like they are on the right track.  As long as she is improving, I would feel better.  Good luck with her and we will keep the good thoughts and prayers coming.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 05:11:43 pm »
Poor baby girl.   :'(
Here's hoping that the meds work quickly and take care of the problem.
Sending hugs and get well Pyr kisses from Naja, Moo and I
My Sponsership page for my very first race!