Author Topic: Daphne is a sick girl  (Read 6626 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: Daphne is a sick girl
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 05:15:56 pm »
Awwww. Poor girl! I hope the meds work (and aren't very expensive!) and is back in your home very soon! It sounds like everyone misses her there! And I'm sure she does too! Kisses to Miss Daphne. :-* :-* :-*
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 11:38:36 pm »
Well with a bit of trepidation the vet let me bring Daphne home.  She said that she didn't think she was totally "ready" but with the way Daphne deals with stress it was probably best for her to be at home.  But at any sign of distress I have to immediately take her back in (good thing I have the vets home number!!).  When she was there they said they were having a hard time getting her to drink any water and she was eating, but only if they practically hand fed her!  When they would take her for a walk, she wouldn't go to the bathroom at all, but she would go in the pen as long as she was left alone.  Well when I went to see her this morning she ate a whole can of food in seconds, and as soon as I took her out to the grass she immediately peed for days!!  It turns out when the tech took her out for her walk he just walked her with the IV fluid bag held up in the air...well for Daphne this is a sure sign of trouble (I really wish I knew what was done to her before she came to me).  And when we got home one of the first places she went was to her water bowl.

The vet said that she's probably had the heart problem and for whatever reason when she was vomiting this weekend and got dehydrated it just put extra strain on her heart and she basically bottomed out.  She is not sure at this point why she was vomiting.  They are probably going to do an ultrasound and/or x-rays in the next couple of weeks to get a look at her heart.  Oh, and her heart meds are generic so they are not expensive THANK GOD!!!  Thanks again for everyones thoughts and prayers.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 03:18:57 pm »
I am so happy that she is home and on the mend. Glad she has such loving parents and a wonderful vet from the sounds of it.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)