Author Topic: Do you have an 'Animal House'???  (Read 6305 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: Do you have an 'Animal House'???
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 07:52:31 pm »
When you pull in the drive you see a 10 foot aviary in the front yard for the parrots. Normally there are several bowls on the deck, and in the summer a horse trough with the turtles in it. Walk in the door and to the right is a room with 3-4 large bird cages, and my "workshop for sewing/crafting etc.. to the left is the kitchen where you find 3 elevated dishes, and small bowls for the little dog and the cats. in the living room there are 2 big dog beds, and their toybox full of toys. Our room has several beds and blankets too. the hall has the cat scratching posts and in the storage closet there are cat boxes (in an attempt to keep the dogs out of them). Ther is also a tortoise in his 75 gallon tank in our room.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline MarleyPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Marley - Pyr & Jasmin - BMD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 10:40:55 pm »
We purchased a sign which we hang on the door outside that pretty much sums it up... It reads:
"Welcome; the dog and his housekeeping staff reside here"
Carolyn
1 Great Pyr 2yrs
1 Berner pup

Casselman,Ontario
Canada

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 01:17:33 pm »
LOL....I have a pillow with that embroidered on it!  It sits on the rocking chair in our foyer, right next to one that says "The Cat Has Agreed To Let You Visit", haha....
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne

lookingfornewf

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 12:33:02 pm »
You might be a dog lover if-

your bedside table with alarm clock, lamp, book, etc, is actually a dog crate

you put your car window down even though it is 25 degrees out and your freezing- because the dog likes it

when you walk in the house there are more than 20 toys on the floor- and you don't have any kids.

you have to leave the seat out of the car for the dog to fit.

you ride in the back of the car to keep the big dog company instead of upfront with hubby/ wife, but that's OK the small dog is sitting upfront.

you stop in the middle of fixing your dinner because the dog wants his

you stop in the middle of house cleaning because the dogs want to play

you have a lint roller in every room and car and you still go everywhere covered with dog fur.

your decision on what couch to buy is based on what is easiest to get fur off of.

when your dog does something really bad or messy instead of yelling at the dog you yell for the camera to take a picture.

you buy trash cans for the bathroom with lids on them to keep the dogs out. The lids are now his favorite dog toy.

The dogs get more Christmas presents than the people.

you might be a dog lover if- you have more pictures of your dog than any family member

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 07:34:23 pm »
Hmmm...  I don't think I am quite to the point as the rest of you but let's see if I qualify:

The first thing you see when you open our front door is a furry, black, 80 lb ball of energy and drool barreling down the stairs straight at you cuz she just CAN'T wait to say hello.  (This is especially popular with Jeff's 73 year old father ;))

After you pick yourself up off of the floor and wipe off the slobber with the omnipresent drool towels strategically placed around the house, you see a beige rug nicely infused with black dog hair that no vacuum will ever get out.

After you make it up the stairs, you have to dodge the still excited ball of energy and try to keep her from licking your legs.  From May - June you also must dodge two fawns running laps around the house at a zillion miles an hour.

You spend more time feeding your animals than you spend feeding your family of five.

There are toys strewn about everywhere.  They all squeak and they are all sticky with slobber in various stages of drying.

Your Christmas tree is decorated only from 4 feet and up.

You find live cats that need rescuing from the middle of your Christmas tree because they climbed up and are too stupid to figure out how to get down.

There is more pet hair on you and your clothing than there is on your pets.

Baby gates. And you don't have any babies.

Dog smell?  What dog smell?

Stock in kitty litter goes up whenever you go shopping.

The Amish farmer we buy deer feed from smiles and rubs his hands together when he sees our truck.

No leftovers - the deer will eat anything!  (They LOVE stale Doritos)

You hear your 16 year old girl shriek "Get away!  You're disgusting!" regularly throughout the day and then momentarily, your big paw proudly comes trotting out with some major slingers hanging from her lips.

You narrowly avoid a car accident that was completely your fault because you didn't realize just how much the Newf drool smeared across the windows was blocking your vision.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:30:44 pm by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer