Author Topic: How much does your big paw weigh?  (Read 16943 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: How much does your big paw weigh?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 10:45:58 pm »
Gunther is very svelte for a dane.  We just weighed the crew and he came in at 136 lbs (he gained .5 lb.......lol) at 3 yrs old.  He's lean, but w/o being thin.  He just runs everything off.

Keiko is at her prime weight and looks great at 55 lbs, 9.5 yrs old.

The two rats aren't big paws but since I weighed everyone, they came in at 17.5 and 10 lbs repsectively.  They're both 2.

They all get weighed at PetsMart about once a month or so.  It is old hat for everyone and they do really well with it and fight over who's going first.  Gunther is the only one you have to watch to make sure he's not leaning against the wall when he sits........lo l.

Icerotti

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 02:39:26 pm »
Puck has lost weight and is weighing in at around 113 pds from 136.

Rosie is sooooo solid and feels like a tonne of bricks when she hits you. She must be around 80 pds now.

Sit down now because Farley weight will just blow you away..... ::) He weighs in at a whooping 47 pds...hahahaha hahaha he lost half a pound from his last vet visit. The DR would like to see 10 pds more on him. Beleive me we have tried ::)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 05:14:28 pm »
How do you all weigh your Big Paws?  Do you take them to the vet, or do you have a Mongo scale at home, lol??  I take Bodhi to the vet....but he is freakishly afraid of the scale (such a wuss) so I haven't done it lately....gott a get him in there again!

I usually depend on the vet visits.  She isn't afraid of the scale, she is just SO excited to see all of those other people and animals at the vet's office, she is a freaking MANIAC and couldn't care less about behaving and standing on the scale long enough to get weighed.  If she hasn't had to go to the vet in a while, usually my stepson picks her up, gets on the bathroom scale and then weighs himself alone and we get her weight from the difference.  Maybe not the most scientific method, but it seems to be pretty accurate.   ;D
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

lorim2

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 05:25:32 pm »
How do you all weigh your Big Paws?  Do you take them to the vet, or do you have a Mongo scale at home, lol??  I take Bodhi to the vet....but he is freakishly afraid of the scale (such a wuss) so I haven't done it lately....gott a get him in there again!

Bodhi is about 145-150 right now.  I can't feel his ribs quite as easily as I could a couple months ago, so I need to keep an eye on him.  I have a gift for fattening up my pets, lol.  It's a constant struggle for me not to spoil them with too many treats.  I wish I had the metabolism of Zildjian (our Dalmatian) and Bump (our black Manx cat)....they remain skinny no matter how much they eat.  In Zildjian's case it is really suprising because she is one of the laziest dogs that ever lived, lol....she gets grumpy if she doesn't spend at least 15 hours a day dozing on the couch! 

We have a local Petsmart too that has a scale so everytime we go, everyone has to go to the scale first and then we get to play!!

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 05:37:55 pm »
I weight the dogs at one of two local pet stores.  I know it was time for my Basset Duke to loose a couple of pounds when he and I road tripped to Iowa to meet Butler & the Breeder last year about this time.  20 miles out of town Duke started setting off the seat belt alarm on the passenger side of my car that goes off if there is too much weight indicating a passenger.  Apparently the threshold is 55 pounds.  Duke is now a svelter 47 lbs.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

lorim2

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 05:48:11 pm »
Awwww I love Bassets

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 12:23:55 am »
Our big paw is not so big so my hubby and I work as a team...he picks her up, I navigate him to our scale and we deduct her weight from the total  ;D She is only 80 lbs right now  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

k2campbell

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:04 am »
Kate is 2 and weighed in at 118 lbs at the vet's last week...she needs to lose about 8 lbs  ::)

BUT she is doing REALLY WELL already since we've altered her treat amount and added a little bit more excersize  ;)

Offline luvmyboys

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:41 am »
  Cody is eight, and his winter weight is about 135, T.J. is a year and a half and is at 148 and growing, I wonder if he will ever stop?

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2008, 09:31:45 am »
Titan (7 month mastiff) has grown to a whopping 145 pounds (and thin at  that) i have not measured him, but 3 weeks ago he was 27.5 inches tall. Our great dane is approximately 34 inches tall and 125 pounds (a little chubby for the winter) in the summer she  burns it all off.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2008, 12:49:15 pm »
Well, Naja was at the Vet on Saturday, and got weighed at 74.2 lbs, up from her previous weight on Boxing day of only 62.6 lbs.  Which is good, 'cause I think she was a bit underweight.   :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »
Well, Naja was at the Vet on Saturday, and got weighed at 74.2 lbs, up from her previous weight on Boxing day of only 62.6 lbs.  Which is good, 'cause I think she was a bit underweight.   :)
How was your new vet?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline KKsmiles

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2008, 01:13:32 pm »
I have been weighing Koda every week at a local pet store. Here is her growth chart.

18.4 lbs (7.3 weeks)
22.8 lbs (9 weeks)
24.2 lbs (10 weeks)
28.4 lbs (11 weeks)
30.4 lbs (12 weeks)
34.2 lbs (13 weeks)
37.6 lbs (14 weeks)
41.6 lbs (15 weeks)

Koda - Newf/Lab
Gizmo - Orange TabbyCat

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2008, 02:13:54 pm »
Teddy the saint, just turned 2 and last weighed in at a "too skinny" 153 a few months ago.  I've uppped his food intake and I would guess he's closer to 160-165 now - and he looks fantastic!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!