Author Topic: Okay, my turn to vent  (Read 17392 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Okay, my turn to vent
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:17:09 pm »
I let the dogs out in our back yard last night and when I went to get them, only Jake was out back.  I could hear Max and Cody, barking and growling in the side yard.  Jake was just sniffing bushes and not paying them any attention at all.  That in itself was strange, so I walked around to the side to see what was going on.  Cody was literally bouncing his front paws off of the chain link fence, growling, barking and snarling at the fence.  Max was on his hind legs, front paws on the fence, woofing and growling.  I have never seen Max growl and ran down the side of the house to see what on earth was going on.  The neighbors son was poking and hitting my dogs with a long pole, poked through the fence.  When I yelled at him, he dropped it and ran in his house.  I put the dogs up and went over to their house.  When his mom opened the door, he was standing beside her.  I leaned in the door, right in his face and said "You know exactly why I am here.  Don't you?"  He backed up and she started asking "What did he do now?"  I have never gone over there to complain about this kid before.  Apparently, someone has.  I told her what he did and told her that if I ever caught him messing with my dogs again, I will wear his butt out so bad he won't be able to sit down for a month.  I also explained to her that Cody came from an abusive situation, before he went into rescue and we got him last year.  It took us months to get him to the point that he would even approach us, let alone let us pet him.  He still startles if we move to pet him too quickly.  And now her kid is poking and hitting him through the fence.  I told her that this is how come kids get attacked and bitten by dogs.  In a lot of cases, they have been teased and taunted by kids.  I explained to her, if my dogs got ahold of her son and wanted to, they could tear him apart.  They are not vicious dogs and I don't ever want them to be, but you cannot taunt and tease dogs without it affecting them.  They cannot logically decide, okay if I back up he can't reach me and it will be okay.  They only know to react and eliminate whatever is bothering them.  I don't want my dogs to hate kids and truly believe that this is not the first time he has done it to them.  Max is not a vicious dog and has never growled at anything or anyone, in the year we have had him.  I want to beat her and her husband for not having enough sense to raise a kid and having one anyway.  I put up a fence today so the dogs cannot go down the side of the house at all, but I am pissed off that my dogs cannot enjoy their own yard without me having to confine them to only half of it.  Okay.  Done.  Sorry, but I'm upset.  My hubby heard her yelling at her son later on last night and telling him that he has to leave us and the dogs alone.  "Don't you understand.  Those people have guns.  I've seen them, when he gets out of his truck."  My husband carries a gun and has a permit for it.  I guess she thinks that is supposed to scare him into behaving.  Great parenting.
Kathy 
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, my turn to vent
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:33:36 pm »
wow! that is realy bad all the way around! I think that alot of problems children have come from parents not following through. instead of her teaching her son right from wrong by showing him cause and effect she makes you guys sound scary to him? that's terrible.

oooooh other people's kids..... :-\
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:06:48 am »
Wow. Good for you for giving them an earful - they needed to hear it. And, I agree, if the whack job of a mother wants to warn her kid away from you all because you're armed and dangerous or whatever, then fine - go for it! Whatever it takes to make the brat respect your pups and your space.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Jace

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 04:16:39 pm »
I understand your anger but you seem to be lacking in temperament.  Maybe you were abused as a pup?  Anyway, if you had come over to my house and threatened my son with violence in front of my wife, I don't think she would have let you leave in one piece.  Not very smart in my estimation.  Do you punish your dogs with violence?  Apparently.  I can't imagine anyone who would advocate violence against a child but not an animal, unless you are one of those.  I absolutely love animals, but I am aware that there are those who are so disconnected from the human race that they prefer animals to their own kind.  Sad.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 04:22:27 pm »
I understand your anger but you seem to be lacking in temperament.  Maybe you were abused as a pup?  Anyway, if you had come over to my house and threatened my son with violence in front of my wife, I don't think she would have let you leave in one piece.  Not very smart in my estimation.  Do you punish your dogs with violence?  Apparently.  I can't imagine anyone who would advocate violence against a child but not an animal, unless you are one of those.  I absolutely love animals, but I am aware that there are those who are so disconnected from the human race that they prefer animals to their own kind.  Sad.
Do you mean prefer nice dogs to a child poking animals with a stick?  :-\
It seems like you are in the wrong place   >:( People are talking about good parenting and NOT about advocating a violence against dogs or children
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 04:26:27 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:26:50 pm »
Thank you People Whisperer, I couldn't think of a polite way to say it.  ;)

Modified to add:  I completely agree with everything that you did.  It was wrong of this kid, who was obviously old enough to know what he was doing and also know that it is wrong.  Lets hope that he leaves your poor pups alone from now on.  Is the fence that he was poking through bordering with your neighbors house?  If so, maybe talk to them about putting up a good fence that their brat can't bug your dogs through.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 04:37:11 pm by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 05:29:03 pm »

Hmm. This is not a good way to make friends here.

Didn't anyone ever tell you, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". You were basically stating that Kathy is such an animal lover that she prefers animals to people...she is "one of those". Quite a bold statement to make on your first post here.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:55:32 pm »
Well the one time poster is the one who is sad, obviously that person has nothing to do but interject where they are not welcome.
Too bad the parents did not beat the snot out of the little brat, the most important issue here is that what emotional damage has been done to the dogs? If he ever gets close to them, how are they going to react and if it is bad then of course its the dogs fault. Dogs react and this could have been ugly, hopefully the kid will just stay away, that would be best. If you have any more trouble, make a police report, if anything ever happens then all of the past instances would just be your word against thiers. Actually if you could make one about this last time it would probably be a good idea.

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 11:34:20 pm »
Luckily, I used to work with our police chief's girlfriend.  I have filed a police report and he has met our dogs and knows their history.  He said just to let them know if it ever happens again and we can file charges.  We live in a very small town and my husband bought his Harley from the police chief.  He also rides with a lot of the local officers.  They go out to the gun range together and things like that.  I know this had to have happened before.  I am not letting the dogs into the side yard at all now.  This may sound sick, but I am kind of glad that Cody did not cower or run, when it happened.  It let me know that he feels safe and secure with us and in our home.  He was abused and neglected badly before we got him.  He was hit and taunted by workers cleaning the kennels where he grew up.  It took a lot of time and work to get him to where he now apears to be a perfectly normal dog.  I know to keep a close eye on him, anytime we are out of the house, just because I am not always sure how he will react, but Max is a different story.  I have never heard of an aggressive wolfhound and really don't want him to ever be one.  My grandkids came over yesterday and the dogs were no different with them than they have ever been, so I guess there is no harm done.  I walked them by some kids today and they all wanted to go over and check them out, no growling, nothing but friendly curiosity.  I guess alls well that ends well.  Thanks for all the supportive comments and I do appreciate your concern.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 02:27:51 am »
I'm so glad that the boys are alright.   :-*  Now lets just hope the neighbors brat stays away from them.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Jace

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:15:10 am »
Don't worry, I won't grace your message board again.  It is people like you who with warped priorities who actually bring more harm to animals than good.  I can't understand a mindset that would advocate violence against a child but not a dog.  That's really sick and I really mean that something is wrong with someone who would treat an animal better than a human being--something that happened in that person's past that led them to prefer animals to their own kind.  That's just my opinion, but it's hard to argue with without looking foolish.  Truthfully, you are not very smart anyway.  My wife would have beat you silly.  I do not advocate that in any way, but I know of my wife's affinity for her own kind, especially those she produced.  You have probably done more harm to your dogs now than good.  You should have excercised better judgment and had a discussion rather than a fit.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them get poisoned now.  I hope not but that was really foolish.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »
Don't worry, I won't grace your message board again.  It is people like you who with warped priorities who actually bring more harm to animals than good.  I can't understand a mindset that would advocate violence against a child but not a dog.  That's really sick and I really mean that something is wrong with someone who would treat an animal better than a human being--something that happened in that person's past that led them to prefer animals to their own kind.  That's just my opinion, but it's hard to argue with without looking foolish.  Truthfully, you are not very smart anyway.  My wife would have beat you silly.  I do not advocate that in any way, but I know of my wife's affinity for her own kind, especially those she produced.  You have probably done more harm to your dogs now than good.  You should have excercised better judgment and had a discussion rather than a fit.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them get poisoned now.  I hope not but that was really foolish.

Whatever...unt il humans can prove the kindness love and devotion that an animal can.. I will always prefer an animals company to that of humans.

And the fact that you now think her dogs will be poisoned proves how sick twisted and demented humans can be!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 01:47:30 pm »
Do not feed the troll.  As I am sure most of you know
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.  Below is my personal rendition of a troll.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 01:49:02 pm »
Do not feed the troll.  As I am sure most of you know
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response.  Below is my personal rendition of a troll.

LMAO I love it! And yes I was baited but I couldn't help it.  :-\
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 01:57:50 pm »
The thing is, you feed a troll and they are like lawers, broke realtives, drunk uncles, rats, coack roaches etc... THEY WONT LEAVE.   :D 
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet