Author Topic: Cross your paws!!  (Read 3628 times)

lorim2

Cross your paws!!
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:19:20 pm »
I just started taking Chantix today,(hopefully I wont kill anyone..haha)...My actual stop smoking date is the 17th.  I also joined the gym again and weight watchers...So hopefully 2008 will be my year...I will be totally thin and smoke free!!  Woohoo  Wish me luck!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Cross your paws!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:21:51 pm »
What is Chantix? And I too started weight Watchers last monday. But I must say you are a brave soul for dieting and quiting smoking all at once. I think I would really want to kill someone. LOL Hey we should keep each posted on our weight loss and encourage each other.

And good luck!!!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:22:36 pm by Abbeyroadpyrs »

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:52 pm »
Hey that sounds like a great idea!  I decided to quit smoking first and the idea of gaining more weight really scares me so I just decided to go back to my old stand by...weight watchers...I am a lifer anyway so what the heck!  I need all the support I can get...Chantix by the way, is a drug that supposedly tells your brain it doesnt need nicotine...now I just need a drug that tells my brain not to be a b**** and not to eat!! haha

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 02:10:26 pm »
Chantix eh? Hmm must speak to my doctor about that. Is it prescription? I have a good 65 lbs to loose, so I'll be looking for your encouragment. LOL

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:01:52 pm »
Good luck!!!  I have been off the heaters for 3 months (nicorette heled me).  I have been using some form of Tobacco since I was 12 (39 now)and it was time to hopefully stop once and for all. 
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:04:08 pm »
Oh!  Me too!  I joined LA Wieght Loss on Saturday, and have about 50 lbs to lose.  Not gonna quit smoking though just yet, I'll start with food and work my way up to smoking.  ::) :D  Good for you though Lorim2, you've got way more brass then I have right now.  ;) :D  I'm gonna talk to my Docter about that drug though.  What is it Chantix?  Keep me updated on your progress with that, 'cause I really do want to quit, just not right now.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 03:09:14 pm »
I've got a few friends that have used Chantix and they all have good things to say about it!!! They've been non-smokers now for almost a year.

I don't smoke so I've only got my friends to go by.

Good luck!!!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 03:15:30 pm »
Good luck to you all!!!  :-*
Loosing weight is really hard but once you done it is pretty easy to maintain it coz you know how much work you put into it  ;D
I was one chubby girl getting out of high school but then lost 35 lbs and now I have been at 110 for almost 10 years  :) I am not sure what will happen when I get pregnant though  ???
Keep us posted  :-* :-* :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

lorim2

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:04:37 pm »
Big Congrats on the 3 months!!!  Hopefully 3 mos from now I will be saying that....and Abby???...I am so here for you...I go on Sat morning so I will share with you each week...maybe we can trade secrets or tips!!  and yes the Chantix is script...my ins paid for 50.00 of it but it still was 75.00 out of my pocket...but if I quit...thats about 3 wks of cigs!!  haha...

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:53:03 pm »
Heaters? I love it! I will try getting off those once I've lost the weight and yes we'll trade secrets and keep eachother posted. Alex you too can share you secrets and kep us up to date on your loss.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:33:47 pm »
Good luck! We're wishing you the best and sending extra Bear hugs your way to help you stay strong in your moments of weakness.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 12:26:24 am »
Good Luck and all the best!!!
Did you watch Dr.Phil today, in 5 weeks one lady lost 14 inches. WOW. that'd be nice LOL.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~