Author Topic: keep your fingers crossed  (Read 7610 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: keep your fingers crossed
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 03:09:10 am »
YAY!!!  All paws and fingers crossed here.  Remember to take a deep breath as you enter, and continue to breathe through the interview!!!  You'll do great!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 05:26:07 am »
I know that you'll do great, but we're crossing all fingers, toes & paws for you here, too.   :D

My only word of advice?  SMILE!  It's the most important thing to wear to an interview.   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 10:07:02 am »
I'm going to have to agree with Jenn, Marie and everyone else.

Over prepared is good. See if you can stop by a store to have it taken off.

My advice: Be yourself, make them laugh. They're sure to remember you that way. Everything is still croseed over here!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 01:27:45 am »
Just got home from San Antonio. I think the interview went pretty well. They seemed to be interested in what I said, I made them laugh, I kept the energy level up, but MAN some of their questions were hard!!

I know I scored points at the end of the interview when they asked if I had any questions for them 'cause the main interviewer guy said, "That's a really good questions. You're the only one who thought to ask that."

I also found out there was one other internal candidate interviewed besides me, but I was the only one they flew in. I don't know if that's good or bad.

So, fingers and paws still crossed. I should know something soon!

Oh, and one of the best things about the job - my "office" would be out of my house!! Mondays and Fridays in my jammies with the dogs at my feet!! WOO HOO!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 01:37:03 am »
WOOO WOOOOOOOO!!!!  The Hot Tamale Train is leaving the station and YOU'RE the VIP passenger!!!!

Way to go!  I'm super excited for you, and I hope that you get that promotion, which I have no doubt you will!  ;D ;D ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 04:53:11 am »
Hmmm, you're the only one flown in, made them laugh, and the only one that thought of that particular question?  That all sounds very good to me!  I'm still keeping everything crossed but let me know when I can uncross them though, 'cause my stuff is going to sleep!  LOL   ;D  ;D  ;D 

How did the jacket problem work out?  Did you get the security tag off or did you wear something else?

BTW, my hubby works from home and those jammies days are really, really nice!!!   ;)  :D 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

lorim2

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 09:25:53 am »
Wow...that all sounds very positive to me!  Will keep everything crossed for you...and San Antonio is one of my favorite tx towns...beside s austin..that is...My best friend lives there now and I go all the time...So get the job and I will come down and we can all celebrate!  Party time in San Antonio..woooo oohooooo

lorim2

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 10:44:04 am »
Oh yes and if your a reptile fan...all the "hot" shows are in San Antonio!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 04:28:24 pm »
How did the jacket problem work out?  Did you get the security tag off or did you wear something else?

I ended up wearing the short sleeve red jacket, which my friends in San Antonio said looked really sharp and agreed that red was a "power color". I think it fit better than the new jacket anyway. I'm going to return the new blazer and let the store manager know that he almost screwed up my very important interview.

And Lori, I LOVE reptiles!! I'll definitely go to the hot shows with you and then we can go out and party!! IF I get the job that is! Curses! Why haven't they called yet????
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain