Author Topic: keep your fingers crossed  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
keep your fingers crossed
« on: January 07, 2008, 03:00:11 pm »
I had a phone interview yesterday for a big promotion within Starbucks that would move me to San Antonio and increase my salary by $15,000/year. I am really excited about this job. I was told 84 people applied for the job, 18 got a phone interview and 3 will be picked to be flown out for a personal interview on Thursday.

So, that means I should hear today or tomorrow if they pick me for the next stage. I thought the interview went pretty well, but I keep 2nd guessing some of my responses and I KNOW I talked to fast - I always do that when I'm nervous or excited.

So, keep your fingers crossed for me everyone. I really, really want this job!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

Re: keep your fingers crossed
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:56:43 pm »
Good Luck!!!  good things are gonna happen!!!!  let us know asap

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:09:54 pm »
The phone has rung twice already since I posted this. Both times it was Aaron - bored at work. CURSES!! I should probably get dressed and go do something - she's bound to call if I'm not here, right?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline saintlykallismom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 04:47:59 pm »
We are keeping our fingers paws crossed for you! I am also waiting for a call back from an interview and its very nerve racking even if you think the interview went well. Goodluck and keep us updated!
Proud mama of:

Kalli- 6(?)month old saint bernard
Lexi- 6 mth old orange and white kitten
Franco- 5 yearold big black cat

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:55:34 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!  I hope you get that call!  We've got everything crossable crossed for you!  Their gonna call you back, and their gonna LOVE you!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And only speak about positive things, like if they ask you to give them something negative about yourself, turn it around so it's positive!   ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:45:12 pm »
OMG!!! They called at about 1:00 this afternoon!! I've been out trying to find a decent (affordable) suit ever since and just got home. I'm so excited!!

I fly out Thursday morning, have the interview Thursday afternoon, then fly back Thursday night.

I want this so bad!! Thanks for all the crossed paws and fingers - it really worked. Now, remember to cross them again on Thursday!

Offline saintlykallismom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »
yay so awesome!!! I know that you be awesome on thursday. We are still keeping our fingers and paws crossed. Lets hope my phone call comes soon!!!
Proud mama of:

Kalli- 6(?)month old saint bernard
Lexi- 6 mth old orange and white kitten
Franco- 5 yearold big black cat

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 11:02:10 pm »
OMG that is amazing!!!!! Good Luck--everything crossed here too ;D ;D Keep us posted.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 12:55:34 am »
How exciting!  We'll be thinking of you!  Fingers and paws crossed here! :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 01:25:57 am »
yay so awesome!!! I know that you be awesome on thursday. We are still keeping our fingers and paws crossed. Lets hope my phone call comes soon!!!

Got all my apendages crossed for you, too!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 01:27:24 am »
WOOO WOOOOOOOO!!!!  I know someone who's gettin on the Hot Tamale Train!!!  (totally stolen from my favorite judge on So You Think You Can Dance, but appropriate I think  :D)

You're gonna knock'em dead!  We're keeping everything crossed here for you too!  Good luck on Thursday!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 01:53:08 am »
GOOD LUCK JEANNE!

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 04:00:50 pm »
Legs, arms, toes, fingers, paws, and tails crossed over here for you both! You'll do great!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: keep your fingers crossed - HEELLLPPP!!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 01:50:55 am »
OK. I need your help.

I bought a new suit for the interview tomorrow. I got home tonight at 9pm and took everything out of the garment bag to make sure it didn't need to be pressed, etc. and the stupid clerk at Sears didn't take the security tag off the jacket! It's one of those that says if you force it off it will spew evil, toxic dye all over your suit and horrible acid that will eat through your flesh.

My plane leaves at 9am tomorrow morning which means I'll have to leave the house no later than 7am, which means the mall won't be open in time to have it removed.

So, do I wear the new blazer with the security tag (which after trying it on again is a little too big) and just explain to my interviewers the funny thing that happened on the way to the interview...

Or do I wear another short-sleeve jacket I have that is too small if buttoned but looks and feels fine if unbuttoned.

Or do I take both and hope I can find a mall and somewhere to remove it before my interview???

Help!!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 02:02:21 am »
I would not wear a blazer with a security tag on it! I think you need to look as professional as you can  ;)
Mix and match...I am sure you have something in you closet  ;D
Good luck!!! You will do GREAT!!!!!!  :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)