Author Topic: EEK! I think a rattlesnake lives in my back yard, and I am freaking out about it  (Read 7622 times)

lins_saving_grace

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!   I'm going home!!!  I can't stay in a place with Rats and snakes and creepy crawly things.  I know it's safe at home.  There's no place like home...get me out of here.   :o
breathe...long deep breaths. 
ok...I'm better.
Now if one person mentions elephants I'm really going home...and curling up into a small, heavily sedated ball. 

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
lol you are too funny, I am not even going to ask about the eleph...

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
And I won't mention the present that my cat left in the bath tub for me, but it has a tail 4 legs and squeeks, and it was still alive

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

blahhhhhhhhhhh uck!  MICE!  i can live with mice.  little ones especially.  They are swashable or shewable.

I used to have nightmares about elephants coming for me in the middle of the night with lighted trunks and they'd snatch me from bed and haul me away to their caves. 
This was when I was under 10...so I'm not as mentally disturbed anymore.  It was a frieghtening couple of years.  I haven't been able to look at an elephant without shuddering since...and I couldn't watch Seasme Street...Snuff alufagus was so scarey!!!!!!!!!!  I was traumatized.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I used to have dreams about the goonies( scary movie from the 80's i think)
Yeah the mouse scared the crap out of me. I think Joe, kept it alive to play with it. It is now out of the house!!. I really think our land lord need to bring in an exterminator to make sure there is no more, they really do damage to a house!!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
I used to have dreams about the goonies( scary movie from the 80's i think)

I love the goonies! You were probably having nightmares about the Fertelli family - the goonies were the good guys :)

RIP former BPO

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Snakes have their place in nature, but most people do not want them in their yard. As a former vet tech we worked on many snakes inserting transmitters under their skin  for a research project sponsored by the government. We did mostly black snakes and corn snakes, we also did about 5 copperheads, 2 rattlesnakes and a cottonmouth. It made me a little nervous with the poisonous ones but it was very fascinating.
Being in a rural practice we also treated many dogs for snake bites. It was mostly supportive care and about 90% pulled through.
I still would not want any in my yard.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla