Author Topic: just for fun - your ideal dog  (Read 4463 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
just for fun - your ideal dog
« on: January 09, 2008, 08:47:20 pm »
What is your ideal dog?  It could be one you own, a breed you like, a combination of many breeds or just a dog you think you would like, if there were one.  I will start.  My ideal dog would be 38 - 39 inches at the shoulders, built like an IW, only broader and heavier boned, head like a mastiff type great dane, long outrageous fur like an afghan, but with a TM's heavy undercoat, solid black with a white or gray goatee like an afghan, double dew claws like a pyr, soulful eyes of a pyr, huge fluffy tail like a pyr or TM, soul of an IW, temperament of a TM or a CO, deep baying bark like a bloodhound. 
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: just for fun - your ideal dog
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:50:03 pm »
i think a great dane sized chinese crested would be amazing!!!!  ;D
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

angelsmama

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:51:31 pm »
ooo fun... maybe mastff mix... built like a mastiff, semi long coat to be extra cuddly but doesnt shed, blue eyes like a husky, with the super loving temperment of a lab.. color.. hm... thats a toughy... wonder how one would look as merle or harlequin?? i like this.. i may think up of some other nice looks of a puppers  ;D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:13:53 pm »
Oooh - I would love a jet back Rott shaped dog with Tani's supersoft coat, and ice blue eyes like a husky. A fun, family type temperment like a lab, dane and/or once again, my girl Tani. Actually, I'd like to clone Tani's personality and coat, enlarge it by about 60 pounds and turn it a sleek jet black! That would ROCK!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:21:31 pm »
I love, love, love my boys.....I do sometimes wish that they were a bit bigger.  Oh, most of all, my ideal dog would know how to wipe his own damn paws!  I hate all this rain and muddy weather!!!!!  ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 01:06:25 am »
Well, I think Gunther's about as perfect as they come,  ;D BUT........... .there are certainly some interesting ideas that come to mind.

I wouldn't mind a mini great dane.  About the size of a cocker spaniel or so, but built and coming in the color combos of a great dane.

Or a great dane so big that you could actually ride them around like horses.  Wow, that would be cool!  But probably too expensive to feed.......... .lol.

There are so many breeds I love it is hard to try to think of a good combination of them.  But anything with blue eyes gets me, so I think all breeds should have them........lo l.  How about a non shedding fluffy coated non drooling giant sized dog with piercing blue eyes and a fun loving, but not destructive personality.  ;D

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 01:21:45 am »
my ideal dog would be a miniature newfie.  One with a quiet disposition and a gentle soul.  If a newf was miniaturized you    could have more than a few.  Hard to find a vehicle to fit so many large dogs.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 01:48:38 am »
Hmmmm....  I think my ideal would be Naja, only a little bigger, non-shedding, and maybe if she would teach herself to poop in the bushs so I don't have to pick it up.  ;D

Orrrr...  A dog with a Pyrs temperment, but a labs energy (but not destructive) who would want to play fetch, again non shedding, a Leo's coloring and super shaggy super soft fur, and a TM's impressive size.  Oh and again poops in the bushs so I don't have to pick it up.  ::) ;D ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lorim2

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:32:21 am »
Hmmm I really like the mix I have right now...minus my chihuahuas...A s much as I love them, they can be a little moody...So I would keep Marley and Laney and the only thing I would change is Marleys poop...I totally agree with tobeysmum...Ch ihuahua poop would be the only thing I would change..hahaha

chaosndestruction

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 12:38:02 pm »

HAHAHA! Can you imagine shaving that much dog Jo? How about a dane sized CC that doesn't need shaved, is easily potty trained and likes to leave the porch?

My ideal dog is a harle/merle GD :-* Or a non-neurotic Bull Terrier!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 02:21:19 pm »

HAHAHA! Can you imagine shaving that much dog Jo? How about a dane sized CC that doesn't need shaved, is easily potty trained and likes to leave the porch?

My ideal dog is a harle/merle GD :-* Or a non-neurotic Bull Terrier!

I agree, so a True hairless, unlike reba, shes a hairy hairless. lol.
i would love a harl dane. a friend of mine just had a litter... but i am too focused on my bullies. and right now am searching for a colored *preferably tricolor or red* ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 05:23:42 pm »
I already have my ideal dog.

OK, I know that is sappy, but I really can't think of a dog or blend of dogs that I would want more than my girl now.  The only way I could think to improve on her is to actually have her listen and at least PRETEND like we have been practicing obedience for months.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 05:30:24 pm »
My Golden Retriever/Collie Mix was the most gentle, tolerant, "human" dog I had. The kids in the neighborhood would actually come over and ask if Oasis could come out and play! But I loved Rocko (the aussie) cause he is so smart (he's with ex-hubby now) and always made me laugh. So I'll take a Aussie/Golden Retriever/Collie.

What would you call that?

Golden Auscol?

Colralian Retriever?

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 06:46:40 pm »
what about a standard poodle - isn't that a dane-sized poodle? or did you want a dane-shaped poodle as well?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 11:34:23 pm »
Oh no Stella.  IW's shed non stop.  I have more Max fur in this house than pyr fur.  It is just so light and short that you don't notice it in amongst the white pyr tumbleweeds.  Maybe a TM crossed with an IW.  Cody doesn't really shed at all, but with my luck, you'd end up with a short haired, TM, that sheds like mad.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats