Author Topic: Hello I'm New  (Read 9853 times)

GR8DAME

Re: Hello I'm New
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 07:15:42 am »
Hi Jen, Welcome to the  BPO experience/obsession. I live in Chicago and have a dobeman, a dane and a dane/wolfhound mix.
Stella

BabsT

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 07:19:43 am »
Thanks, Zero is a Central Asian Shepherd/Ovcharka.  I think if you preview the the post, you lose the pics.  I am not sure though

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 07:25:58 am »
Stella Hello,Cute babies.I think I reconize your danes, are you in GDR also?

Babs,Zero is so neat looking. I have never seen that breed of dog before.How big do they get?He looks huge. My oldest danes Duke and Dutch are 150, 145.
Jen

BabsT

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 07:30:52 am »
My guess is around 150 at max...I would like 30" and 140 lbs..I like form and function but I cant control genetics LOL

At 32 weeks he was 101 llbs and he is now 39 weeks and I dont know his weight but he is around 28.5" at the shoulder with a strong temp

Thanks for the nice words about him

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 07:38:50 am »
Wow hes pretty big then.He looks it from the pic you posted above.I thought he looked atleast 150 .I will have to do a search to see if theres more pics of him on here.I 'm going to do a search on line to learn more about his breed too.Like I said,I never saw one before.He must be a sweety.I love large breed dogs.I love all dogs,well almost all.LOL  my husbands beagle drives me up the wall!!!

I had like 2 hours of sleep last night because of the brat.Jen

BabsT

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 07:53:56 am »
www.centralasi anshepherd.com is the best place to learn about them...he is a mush to his family but to be honest...he isnt fond of strangers LOL

This is your topic thought LOL...talk about your dogs...I do appreciate your comments about Zero though :)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 09:08:20 pm »
Welcome Jen - great looking Danes....Willo w is my 1st dane...she is such a love.....I think she is growing by the minute.....  I love the pics here also...this is a really great place
Timmie

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 10:32:42 pm »
Hello Jens I'm Lesli and I have three Danes and Lab mix. You said you lived in Roanoke, is that Roanoke, VA? I'm in Petersburg, VA about 20 miles south of Richmond 

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 04:25:17 am »
Lesli,Hi .I am in Roanoke Wv.Its a small small town.LOL Everyone confuses it with roanoke Va,which is like 10 hours from me I think.Pretty dane on your pic above.

Timmie,Thanks,Your Willow is very cute.Enjoy and take lots of pics,because boy do danes ever grow fast!! Seems like just yesterday mine were that little.

Babs,Thanks for the site.I will check it out.Give Zero a big hug.

Have a great day all,Jen

GR8DAME

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 07:11:11 am »
Hey jen. I've been on GDRNT, in fact Sara found Strider for me on Petfinder. They are my other internet resource, and so supportive. There, like here are less judgemental than most site, and are all about the dogs...not overinflated egos.
Hope to hear more from ya, and your babies.
Stella

Offline SWEETVABREEZE2DANE

• Gnawer
  • WE LIVE IN CHESTERFIELD, VIRGINIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2005, 09:22:33 pm »
HEY JEN...TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY HERE TOO.  I THINK I RECOGNIZE YOU FROM 'THAT OTHER SITE' DONT KNOW IF I CAN MENTION IT HERE....BUT I THINK I DO.  YOU MAY KNOW ME...AS EVERY ONE DOES...BY MY BABIES SNOOPY AND CHARLIE BROWN.  I CANT FIGURE HOW TO POST PICS HERE EITHER...BUT I'LL GET THE HANG OF IT!!!  I LIKE THIS SITE...HOPE YOU WILL TOO!!
GALE
MOM TO MY 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, ONE MALE GREAT DANE, ONE FEMALE DANE, 2 FEMALE CHIHUAHUAS, 6 DEGU'S AND A BETA FISH!!!!WHEW!!!!!!!!!