Author Topic: Neutering and Humping  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Neutering and Humping
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:52:06 pm »
Ok, So as most of you all know, Miles was neutered on Monday. Well, he still attempts to hump ME, and his toys, all the time. Mr. Pinky, still makes appearances QUITE frequently. Now, I do know neutering in no way completely stops the humping in most cases, but I mean, come on. He's still got the urge....just as bad as he did before. hahaha Will it always be like this? Or am I still waiting for the testosterone to leave the body?
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
Re: Neutering and Humping
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:31:31 pm »
The "Hump" is a dominance thing as well.  My good friends femal (spayed) yellow lab is the all time hump-master so do not be suprised if it does not completly stop as alluded by others.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:17:11 pm »
Buy this for his leg so he will learn how unpleasant it is, LOL!

http://www.futurememories.com/fm-ssi-30018g.html

And if doesn't stop you might as well buy this one! LMAO

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/hotdoll-the-sex-doll-for-dogs-253334.php
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:22:31 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:31:59 pm »
I have often written on this board about Harley the happy humper.

We had him neutered at around 6 months because he humped EVERYTHING people, telephone poles, his crate, his toys, recycling bins, everything!!  It took an hour to walk around the block because he mounted everything.

By contract he wasn't supposed to be neutered until he was full grown and the breeder decided if he was show quality and then he would have been a stud (of course I think he is a stud anyway)

So we had him neutered and it kind of sorta worked he will still mount other dogs (especially boys) my daughters best friend (who thinks Harley loves her that is why he always tries to hug her) and occasionally me or my blanket.

We were doing agility which he loved and was good at - but it must be done off lead - well he would do the course and then grab whatever big, little doggie he could find...we were asked to leave.

I have tried shaking cans, a shock collar (I know, I know) and nothing works - I was kind of hoping some nasty dog would take a good snap at him and then maybe he would learn...but maybe not.

I hope you have better luck with Miles

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 06:43:19 pm »
I have often written on this board about Harley the happy humper.

We had him neutered at around 6 months because he humped EVERYTHING people, telephone poles, his crate, his toys, recycling bins, everything!!  It took an hour to walk around the block because he mounted everything.

By contract he wasn't supposed to be neutered until he was full grown and the breeder decided if he was show quality and then he would have been a stud (of course I think he is a stud anyway)

So we had him neutered and it kind of sorta worked he will still mount other dogs (especially boys) my daughters best friend (who thinks Harley loves her that is why he always tries to hug her) and occasionally me or my blanket.

We were doing agility which he loved and was good at - but it must be done off lead - well he would do the course and then grab whatever big, little doggie he could find...we were asked to leave.

I have tried shaking cans, a shock collar (I know, I know) and nothing works - I was kind of hoping some nasty dog would take a good snap at him and then maybe he would learn...but maybe not.

I hope you have better luck with Miles

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Sorry! But this os SO funny! Oh Harley! You are QUITE The Boy now aren't you?! (HHH)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 12:40:04 pm »
Randy, is Harley still that bad???
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:59:24 pm »
Randy, is Harley still that bad???

Yeah he is still at it - the good news is if I tell him no in a loud authoratative way he will get off.  His friend Rusty comes over at least every other day and Harley still tries to mount him every time he sees him - he KNOWS we are going to yell and pull him off but he tries anyway - Rusty doesn't seem to mind????????????????

It is sad for him because I won't (can't) take him anywhere off lead because who knows what he'll find.

Randy

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 07:21:02 pm »
If you seriously want a dog to put him in his place, bring him down.  Cody tried to eat the last dog at the dog park, who latched onto his leg.  I had him on his leash and was able to break it up, but the owner was screaming at me to control my dog. Huh?  My dog was just standing there by me, when yours came up and started humping him.  I am only kidding.  I would never let Cody hurt any dog if I could stop him.  Knock on wood, but I have never had a dog that did that, other than Hamlet when there was a dog in our neighborhood in heat.  Then he would drive ChiChi crazy, til she would bite him and make him stop.  He was never neutered and stopped on his own around 10 years of age.  Thankfully none of my current dogs hump anything.  Good luck.  I am not sure how you would stop it.
Kathy 
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats