Author Topic: Losing weight?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Losing weight?
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:10:05 pm »
So my boyfriend's dog is losing weight like crazy he tells me. She doesn't eat unless his other dog is around, and then of course you know how some dogs are, she'll chow her food. Apparently she has lost about 10 lbs and is just not interested in her food. They took her to the vet and her blood work is fine and they're going to do a biopsy in about 2 weeks if she doesn't start eating. Any ideas what's wrong with her?
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Losing weight?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:08 pm »
I was thinking the food thing too.  I got a bag last month that must not have been too good, at first Axle and Issy weren't really interested in it (but Issy can be picky so I ignored it at first), then Daphne started getting sick and Axle followed...I know cats won't eat if they have a cold, they can't smell it. 
If she's already lost 10lbs WHY are they going to wait two weeks before looking for something???  Did they do the usual blood work and x-ray's?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Losing weight?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:26:09 pm »
I was thinking the food thing too.  I got a bag last month that must not have been too good, at first Axle and Issy weren't really interested in it (but Issy can be picky so I ignored it at first), then Daphne started getting sick and Axle followed...I know cats won't eat if they have a cold, they can't smell it. 
If she's already lost 10lbs WHY are they going to wait two weeks before looking for something???  Did they do the usual blood work and x-ray's?

I'm not sure, just the vet said in 2 weeks..
I'm going to suggest the food thing to him though
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats