Author Topic: Anyone in CNY?  (Read 5213 times)

Offline cwarner

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Anyone in CNY?
« on: January 16, 2008, 12:37:40 am »
Any BPO'ers in Central New York, near Utica?  Kodiak would love to make some new friends and have someone his own size or bigger to play with.  All the other dogs are much smaller than him in the family, and most are very intimidated by his size so they do not play well with him.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in CNY?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:56:42 pm »
I'm in western NY - Rochester - We come to Utica with my daughter for gymnastics competitions but we don't bring Harley : (

Sometimes we there are meets and greets in Ontario Canada with a few members - I haven't been able to go but am looking forward to one in the spring?  I think I need a passport now because of the law change.

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 02:25:42 pm »
Hi, I live north of Rome. Does Kodiak do well off leash? In spring we could go to our other farm and turn them loose. Lollie loves to run and play. The lane way is about a mile long and has many fields on both sides. I go there sometimes.

Lollie is a Great Pyrenees and so far she likes all dogs.

Skippy
Central New York

Offline jenniferrochelle

• Gnawer
  • My boys last summer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:17:24 pm »
We are about 5 minutes north of Syracuse. My husband travels to Utica and Rochester weekly. Our dog park here is mostly small dogs so my big guys tend to scare people. I would love to have a doggie play date with anyone.
Proud mother of five!!

Offline cwarner

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »
We've just started letting Kodiak off leash a bit when we're out at my parents where there's alot more room to roam.  He's done very well so far, and typically doesnt get much more than 50 yards or so away, and if he's got a buddy playing with him he's usually right along with the other dog.  The only think i'm not totally sure of is if he caught sight of a squirrel,  he's like holding back a bear when he's on leash and see's one, i'm not realy sure how he'd respond if he had free reign to chase them around,  i'm sure he'd chase them up a tree and try to climb up after them!