Author Topic: English Mastiff Fawn age and weight  (Read 23447 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: English Mastiff Fawn age and weight
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 03:36:36 am »
i gottcha...did his breeder show dogs? and give you his papers? It is always fun to compare dogs, and once you get the hang of this site, you will never leave.  Do you live in ohio?  Your puppy is sooo cute. Titan was black when he was born, i thought he would be brindle, and the breeder said nope, he is a fawn. He is a fawn, not an apricot like yours.

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 03:47:54 am »
well have a good night...it is 1 am here..i going o bed!!!

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 11:22:46 am »
hey there. I have a (almost) 3 yrs old bull mastiff. They stay on the MUCH smaller side of the english mastiffs. He grew VERY quickly when he was a puppy and was at 75lbs by I think 6 or 8 months. He's pretty much done growing at 28" and 115-118lbs depending on how many kitty crunchies he's gotten (GROSS!). He's very small compared to his parents (dad was 260 mom was 180) and I think that has something to do with having him nuetered early (I feel the mad glares everyone. I had to for his health and the health of my pillows  ;)).

If your vet is used to handling large brees and says he looks good I would trust it unless you have another reason not to trust him. My vet has three other bull mastiffs and I think he's up to 5 great danes and many other large breeds (rotties are popular around here).

Toledo is absolutely adorable! Jager is apricot too. I wanted fawn but at least my dog matches my hair  ;D LOL. I wouldn't trade him for the world, most times.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 12:30:43 pm »
Cute Pup.  As alluded to by others...

As long as he is healthy and happy do not concern yourself with size @ this time.  Mastiffs take a long time to mature.  They are like the redwood tree of dogs.  I have a year old OEM and he would grow 5 pounds a week for a while, then stall for a week or two and then go on another spurt.  In the end he will be the healthiest if you keep him lean and active.  Weight sholuld only be a quantatative number not a goal with any dog.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

lorim2

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 01:19:47 am »
Hey there.  Dont know how I missed this one...Toledo is a beautiful boy!  I wouldnt worry at all about his size...Like someone else said..as long as  your feeding him and exercising and most importantly..j ust loving him to pieces then it will all fall into place!  My Marley is 2 and my love...He grew fast and then would slow down..and then pickup...Hes just now starting to fill out fully...Hes my lap doggie and I love him..as you will your Toledo!  Welcome again...and keep posting pics!
Lori