Author Topic: Pyr needing home in Florida  (Read 4532 times)

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Pyr needing home in Florida
« on: January 26, 2008, 09:12:33 pm »
If anyone is looking for a great dog, this is it.  He was found as a stray.  He is 32.5" at the shoulders, 2 - 3 years old, housebroken, doesn't chew or bother anything in the house, loves to ride, and mainly, loves people, leans and licks you like you are his long lost best friend.  He only weighs 84 lbs. and looks like a bag of bones, with fur.  He was neutered, heartworm negative, hip x-rays look good, ready for a forever home.  He is either a result of poor pyr breeding or a mix, but is a big beautiful dog.

Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

marypyrs

Re: Pyr needing home in Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:22:38 pm »
Lovely Boy Kathy. Through the fur you can certainly see the 'bones'. An additional 30 to 35 lbs or more of weight and muscle will do him good. He appears to be a mix but a lovely one at that. Where is he?

Jane

modified to ask - "where in FL is he?"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:29:28 pm by marypyrs »

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:09:25 pm »
I found him a foster home in the Orlando area.  I can't foster him, since he and my boys instantly decided they hated each other.  He wasn't neutered when I brought him home, so maybe that made a difference.  I am really crossing my fingers hoping the lady who has him, will keep him, but I am waiting on her to decide if she can afford to take care of him.  He is a sweetheart and I am hoping he will get along with her female dog.  We will see.  He is a lot prettier now than in the picture.  I bathed him and got out all of his matts and burrs after I took the pictures.  I think, based on his height and size of his bone structure that he will gain 30 or 40 lbs.  My Jake has gained 24 lbs since June when we got him and he is few inches shorter.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:25:14 pm »
I understand completely how the "boys" can or can not get along.

You can PM or email ANY TIME Kathy.

Let's find this boy a Forever Home!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:36:10 pm »
I understand completely how the "boys" can or can not get along.

What about girls?
I have been trying to start a dog sitting business for a while and Lily who is nice and very polite everywhere I go tries to dominate every female in our house  ??? She paws, she humps, she goes nuts!!! I really want to have another dog one day but it seems my girl wants all the love  :-\
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 11:36:31 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:59:21 pm »
You and Lily can work through it. Not to worry. Believe me. And I must admit ~ I have a smile on my face. Let your mind and your love go. You'll find the answer. I know that for sure.

Lily will continue to be a very large part of what and who you are.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 12:04:25 am »
You and Lily can work through it. Not to worry. Believe me. And I must admit ~ I have a smile on my face. Let your mind and your love go. You'll find the answer. I know that for sure.

Lily will continue to be a very large part of what and who you are.

Primadona she is!!! How can you not smile  ;)
Mary W. Crane

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr needing home in Florida HAS A HOME
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 06:06:06 pm »
The lady who is fostering him for me called this AM.  He slept with her daughter last night, gets along great with her dog and she wants to keep him.  Apparently, last night when they went out for a walk, he growled at a man approaching them on the street.  I told her, he knows he's got a home and is going to be the best watch dog and protector he knows how to be, just to make sure she keeps him. He will give her and her girls some much needed protection and lots of love.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Pyr needing home in Florida HAS A HOME
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »
The lady who is fostering him for me called this AM.  He slept with her daughter last night, gets along great with her dog and she wants to keep him.  Apparently, last night when they went out for a walk, he growled at a man approaching them on the street.  I told her, he knows he's got a home and is going to be the best watch dog and protector he knows how to be, just to make sure she keeps him. He will give her and her girls some much needed protection and lots of love.
Kathy
How sweet :) I am so happy he found a great home and the family have found a great dog!  ;D
Mary W. Crane

marypyrs

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 10:24:26 pm »
That's great news Kathy. BLESS YOU for all you did for this fine fellow!  :-* You're AWESOME! Another BPO Rescue Angle for sure~  :D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 01:20:20 am »
I just now was able to read this thread- the family that has decided to keep him will not be disappointed. He is a good looking dog and once he puts on some weight he will be a very impressive looking pup. Does he have the double dew claws?

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:26:02 am »
Awwww, congratulation s on a happy ending Kathy!  You did a wonderful thing both for this sweet boy and his new family.  I hope that they have many happy years together.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 07:28:59 pm »
No doubles, single dew claws on all four feet.  He does however, have a very distinct line all the way around his mouth where the black stops at the base of his gums and the pink starts.  I've never noticed that before on a dog.  I think he is either kuvasz or at least part kuvasz.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 01:29:47 am »
Oh he is a handsome boy. I would put money on him being a mix of Pyr and Kuvasz. He has the Kuvasz face. I'm glad he found a forever home. Thank Gof you were there for him.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:30:21 am by Abbeyroadpyrs »