Author Topic: Peeing inside!  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Peeing inside!
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:19:29 am »
Weirdest thing happened last night!  We were just settling down for the night getting ready for bed and we had just draggedKana in from outside (never mind that in Chicago it was about -5 degrees and 50 mph wind gusts and snow).  I used the bathroom, shut the lid as usual and went to wash my hands and face.  Kana was there the whole time (does anyone else's dog go with them to the bathroom?).  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw something, turned to look and HE HAD HIS LEG UP HIGH AND WAS PEEING ON THE TOILET SEAT!!!!!!  I was stunned!  Literally, if the top was up he would have been peeing in the toilet!! ??? ???
I made a loud noise (I think a scream of shock) and thankfully he stopped midstream. My husband quickly got him outside (to finish?). 
Now, I need some advice!  Why did he do this?  Kana has not had an accident in the house since the first night we brought him home at age 4 months!!!!  Is this dominance?  Is this just an accident?  Should I be worried it's going to happen again?  HELP!
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Peeing inside!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:38:49 am »
I would leave the toilet seat up and hope he used it instead of having to go out is your weather.  Seriously, I have never seen or heard of this.  Max and Jake will go to the bathroom with me and wait for me to flush so they can drink the fresh water I just gave them, in the toilet, gross.  My dogs will make a merry go round of a tree and everybody pees on top of everybody else.  I don't think it is dominance, since obviously only one of them is alpha.  My male dogs have always peed on top of the female's spot.  They would wait for her to finish and then take turns peeing on top of it.  I always assumed it was simply claiming her as theirs and letting the world know she was not available. She was definitely dominant to them.  Maybe he is just claiming you as his.  I wouldn't consider that a bad thing.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:30:07 pm »
thats funny
when i lived in england one of the pubs we used to go and eat with my grandparents at had a border collie a real old one well he used to walk in to the mens room which had a troff style urinal cock his leg the walk back out like it was yesterdays buisness.
so i guess with target practice it could work lol

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:25:09 pm »
Way too cool! I would let him use the bathroom, why not? I know some people who tought their cats to go in human toilet...why not dogs?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 11:49:46 pm »
A co-worker encouraged me to continue to 'train' him to use the toilet today...he also remarked that if I can get him to take a small square of paper and wipe the rim when he's done...THEN I'D BE THE NEXT CEASAR!!!!

I agreed, but then realized that if I can't even get my husband to do that, then how am I going to get the dog to do it???  ;D

Thanks for your laughs...somet imes I think I stress too much about my fur baby...at least my husband thinks so. It's nice to know that funny things like this can happen and I am neither a bad pet owner or a freak for laughing at it!!

Kristen
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita