Author Topic: Didn't get the dream job  (Read 2583 times)

lins_saving_grace

Didn't get the dream job
« on: January 31, 2008, 01:50:26 pm »
Yet another disappointment .  I heard from my friend that they hired someone else (or at least offered the job i interviewed for to someone else.)   so the search continues.  I'm so scared i'm going to let Grace down and never get my life back in order. 

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't get the dream job
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 01:58:16 pm »
Awww, Hunny!  I'm so sorry about the job, but don't you let yourself for a minute think that you could ever let Grace down.  She loves you now matter how much money you have, or what kinda job you've got.  And there will be other jobs, and other opportunities.  You just hang in there, and keep trying, something wonderful will come along and you'll be so happy you didn't take this job!  ;)

*Big Hug!*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 03:12:13 pm »
Not to worry Lin. Something better will turn up. Besides = Gracie needs you to be home for a while now. Isn't her surgery on Thursday? Get her over the hump & then worry about the new dream job.  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 03:28:23 pm »
Not to worry Lin. Something better will turn up. Besides = Gracie needs you to be home for a while now. Isn't her surgery on Thursday? Get her over the hump & then worry about the new dream job.  :)
yep.  it'll be nice to know i can be here for her that day and the next if she has to stay overnight at the vet. 
she has had a blast having me home all the time. 
the other 2 jobs are making decisions next week so the timing is almost perfect.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:40:17 pm »
Sorry Lins  :'( I think everything is falling into place though. Gracie needs you around for a bit and thats how it is going to work out  ;) Best of luck sweetie  :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 03:52:01 pm »
Sorry Lins  :'( I think everything is falling into place though. Gracie needs you around for a bit and thats how it is going to work out  ;) Best of luck sweetie  :)
it's tough to see how it's working out.  :)  the waiting is killing me. 
but Grace does need me right now.  i wish i could find the perfect work at home job.  i've looked into those too.  they all want a ton of money.

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »
I have been looking for some "work at home " thing too. They all seem so scamy ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:44:34 pm »
you're right.  none of those work at home places sound good.  i signed up to talk to a few and now my spam folder in my email fills up so fast i can't keep up unsubscribing to new emails. 
i hope something great is on the horizon.  i've been turned down by the worst places ever.   and walmart hasn't even called me for an interview.  :)  i so wanted to work in the fabric department.

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 05:00:45 pm »
I've looked into those "work from home" jobs too. Anytime someone wants you to put out $$$$$ for a job to work for them - it's a scam. BUT ~ ~ ~ ~ Lin ~ ~ ~ you're SO talented with Photography, Crafting talents, etc. you're a natural. There must be a way.

Take a couple of days "off" and read the phone book. Jot down info of interest. Then check stuff out on the net. I know that in this area there are (or have been) organizations who help women who are trying to start their own busines. And it's worked time after time.