BPO Recommended Reading > Book Club & Noteworthy Reads

A good book: How to speak dog...

(1/1)

Edwpang:
The full name is How to speak dog : mastering the art of dog-human communication. It was written by Stanley Coren. It's more like an academic work with fewer pictures to show how dogs communicate, but once I started reading, I found it's quite interesting and learned a lot about dog communication. ..
Has anyone read the book? Any comments?

Thanks

navarre1316:
I haven't read it but I have heard it was a good one too.

Sillygoose:
I've got it but haven't read it yet. Supposed to be a good bock.

Edwpang:

--- Quote from: Abbeyroadpyrs on January 30, 2008, 06:05:01 pm ---I've got it but haven't read it yet. Supposed to be a good bock.

--- End quote ---

If you want to keep up reading it, my suggestion is reading from Chapter 6(barking, growling, and other sounds dogs make) or whatever topics that interest you, eitherwise it's pretty easy to get bored by the background information...

MagicM3:
I have it and have read it and I think it is a great book..Having grown up around dogs..the ist time I read this book all I could think was how well he was able to state things I knew instinctively. .It was like haveing a conversation or listening to a conversation about dogs and communication. ...I really liked it and would recommend it highly to anyone interested in the subject...

Tricia and the fur kids

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version