Poll

Do you have a painted portrait of your dog hanging up in your house?

yes, and it's velvet
0 (0%)
yes, and it's over the fireplace mantel
0 (0%)
no, but we have dogs playing poker picture in the family room.  (I love that!)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Dog portraits  (Read 4139 times)

Offline mitchie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Daisy n' Phoebe
    • View Profile
Dog portraits
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:26:00 pm »
I remember seeing a picture of a Schnauzer hanging over my best friend's aunt's sofa when I was a kid.  The dog had long passed and the Aunt
still had teary eyes when she recalled the special dog that he was.  We had a friend of ours who does art for a living paint a picture of Daisy.
It hangs up high on our wall and what a painting it is!  At night when the lights are low, it really comes to life.  I am so glad that
we have Daisy to watch over us for all time.  I would love to be able to paint like that.  Dogs would be my favorite subject.
ha, what do I mean would??  Dogs are my favorite part of life!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Dog portraits
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:45:45 pm »
Dogs are certainly my favorite artistic subject!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 10:53:44 pm »
I dont have any painted ones of my dogs. I have been thinking about it though, and would really want to get it, the problem I have is that I have had so many dogs and still have so I dont even know where to start, I want them all lol...

I do have several big framed pictures of my dogs though.

And nope, I dont have any poker playing pups either hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 12:36:28 pm »
We like dog art too, I have bought paintings and pictures and recently we got into wood burnings, a friend of ours does them and we sell them from our web site.  the better the picture the more the detail, he whipped ours out in 15 minutes each as a "rough draft"  and gave them to us.
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Higrpwd

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 08:09:51 pm »
This is my girl.. she just lost her batle with Cancer last week at the age of 10.  She was very happy still and the biggest lover I have ever met.  She will always  be my girl.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 10:39:31 am »
I'm sorry to hear about your puppy.  It's so sad to loose a good friend like that.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 11:02:58 am »
This is my girl.. she just lost her batle with Cancer last week at the age of 10.  She was very happy still and the biggest lover I have ever met.  She will always  be my girl.

I am so very sorry. Just remember that you have not lost your girl, she is still with you in your love for her.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 08:24:14 am »
My mother finds paintings of people, such as in Victorian garb, then she paints her weiner dog's faces over the people's faces and they make these great, dignified dog paintings for her hallway.

I want to try that some day.  It's kind of funny, but I think it can be a great conversation piece with these seemingly serious dogs hung up all over to accentuate the rest of the decor.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner