Author Topic: Help  (Read 3335 times)

lorim2

Help
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:42:07 am »
Does anyone on here drive a Honda Element?  I am fixing to buy a new used car..haha..and my daughter is going to get my Escape and my son will get the old green bomb..Passed down of course!  I am having a hard time making my mind up. I have wanted a truck forever and have the opportunity to get a great  deal on a F150...Nice 2004, cab and half..all power everything..in cluding a V8 and a gas guzzeler...I also have a great opp on a 2006 Honda Element...1300 0 miles still under factory warranty...all power...4cyc.. .great on gas...What would you do. Since I have never driven an element for extended period of time ...just wondering if anyone has one and are they still happy with it.

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:42:43 am »
Element is also dog friendly! I know that we are in need of new vehicles because of traveling with the dogs.  We currently have a dodge dakota and a dodge 3500.  Neither are good because it is too high for the dogs to jump in (the 3500)plus a gas guzzler.  I would so get an element if we had the extra money!!! (plus if you like to camp..you can get the additional tent attachment!!!lol

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 09:23:53 am »
We have a 2007 Honda Element and love it!  It is great for the girls, gets okay gas mileage (for its size) and is great for running around.  The ride is smoother than I expected.  I really like the waterproof seats and the plastic floor...easy to keep clean. 

Also, I was hit by an intoxicated driver in the Element and amazingly was not even bumped or bruised.  The car needed some cosmetic repairs, but passed with flying colors.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 09:31:41 am »
Well we have both in our family- the bubba truck (lift kit, big bubba tires etc ) that gets all of 13 miles to the gallon, can haul and tow most anything and is an ego booster for the husbands testosterone, My daughter has the Element and I borrow it when I need it-like this past weekend. The entire wagon fit in the back of the Element.
So really the question is- do you want to be spending 500.00 a month in gas plus the payment with the truck and be able to pull and haul anything or go with the Element and spend about 200.00 a month in gas.
I am seriously considering an Element when the Mazda run around truck dies, I am just hoping to get 2 more years out of the Mazda run about truck that gets about 26 miles to the gallon.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 10:04:20 am »
this is no help but the Toyota Tundra is unbeatable

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 10:31:13 pm »
Well, I don't have either one. I have a Toyota 4-Runner. And Arkydo is right, the Tundra is rated the best truck.

But as far as Hondas go, I've owned MANY. My dad also owns a Honda dealership. You cannot go wrong with a Honda. Its true. I have the same reservations as Jenn with the Element, we need more ground clearance and towing capacity. (We have a semi largish boat) I've thought about getting one for "my" car since hubby has the 4-Runner. But, it seems a little excessive. Anyway, I've driven them, and really like them. They're cute and spunky and have great cargo space. YOu can take out all of the seats quickly and easily which is awesome with the biguns. You can get the waterproof seats and floor, but that wasn't standard, it was an option, so check and see if the one you're looking at has those options.

All around, I say go with a Honda all the way. They're cleaner, better for the environment and very very well built!

lorim2

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 07:52:04 am »
Well...after many days and days of looking and being disappointed.. .and lied to....I finally found my car!!  Yay...I havent even told Paige yet!  haha..so if your reading this I will call you this morning, if I make it to work...The deal goes down today on a 2006 Honda Element EX-P.  Its Tango Red Metallic...130 00 miles...and totally cute!  The color is a little deceiving...Al though it says tango red..its really more like a metallic cranberry color..and the EX-P means the panels on the wheels and such are not the gray plastic, they are painted..they match the whole car...I am buying from a Honda place and did get an extended warranty thrown in so I have 48/48 on the element and 100 thousand on powertrain...I ts so freaking cute...I will post some pics when I get it...Oh and it has the weatherproof interior along with a moonroof!  The pups are gonna love it! Ok  I am through..Sorry so long but sooooo excited

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 08:58:25 am »
WHOOOOH! Awesome! Congratulation s!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 01:15:51 pm »
Very nice!  Congratulation s!  It's so exciting getting to go pick up your new car!  And for what it's worth, I think you made the right choice.  ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!