Author Topic: BPO Battle of the Bulge  (Read 16482 times)

DenverFurKiddos

Re: BPO Battle of the Bulge
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 03:27:05 am »
Hi all!  I think one day to weigh in would be great. 

This idea is so great! My problem is that I grew up playing tennis....like crazy.  We're talking throughout the year, everyday after school; tennis camp everyday in the summer that lasted around 6-7 hours, then high school tennis.  By the time I played all four years in college, I HATED tennis and seriously felt a sickening aversion to even the thought of working out once i didn't have to!!!!  After I quit tennis, I ended up losing weight, probably because my muscles were wasting away.  Nevertheless, 5 years ago at my wedding, I weighed around 113.  Fast forward being married to man that can eat everything in sight and not gain a pound, my love for freshly brewed beer, and lots of stress from 7 years of grad school and I found myself at....gulp.... .140 lbs!!!  Granted, I know this is not the end of the world, but I just can't keep going this way. 

So, I started a version of my friend's LA weight loss on January 7th, and I've lost 7 lbs!  Yay!  So, there's my story.  My name is Liz and I love food.  DAMN!!!!  I do have my annual girls' trip to Florida on April 26th, and the idea of having to get into a bikini is enough to keep me up at night! 

Also, maybe we could also post our favorite weight loss tip or recipe????

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2008, 09:28:06 pm »
Ok how did I miss this thread????? Glad I found it though. I'm in like flyn. I had my weigh in on Monday.

Starting weight was 248.4 January 7th 08
Mondays weight 241.4

So I'm at a total loss of 7lbs.
My realistic goal is about 175 lbs. I'm almost 6 feet tall and would look belimic if I went down to WW goal for me. I think it was something like 160.

So count me in!  :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2008, 09:55:26 pm »
Hey guys, Okay so I completely gapped on the weigh in last week, but I'll be going after work today, cause I really want to know how much I've lost so far.  People at school and work have been commenting that I look like I'm loosing, and my size 12 pants that I bought are getting a little baggy at the waist!  As for fav foods right now and or recipies.  I LOVE veggies, but boiling them, or frying, or baking is really not good for you.  So, I buy those Glad Steam bags, they're great for almost anything, that and my George Forman Grill.  I will defrost 2 Tilapia (fish-very tasty, and also extremely good for you and almost fat free) fillets, throw them on the grill with som Dill and Rosemary for 5 minutes, while the fish is cooking I'll throw some Veggies (broccoli, cauliflour, a couple baby carrots) into one of the steam bags with just a few drops of Lemon Juice, stick that in the Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes and you've got a well rounded, filling, tasty, and fat free meal!  Also, I've switched from Sugar to Splenda, it doesn't have Aspertame in it so it's one of the safer substitutes out there, and I only use Skim milk in my tea. 

Also I don't know about you guys, but I'm a cerial junkie, I like to have a bowl when I get home from school at almost 10pm cause I'm almost ALWAYS hungry after 4.5 hours of welding.  So instead of grabbing even stuff like Cherios, I'll have Shredded Wheat with Honey on top.  Look at the Ingredients list next time you go buy Cerial, almost all cerials out there have either sugar or sodium as one of the first ingredients.  Shredded wheat, has Wheat.  ;) 
So ya  I guess that's my schpeal for now.  I'll let you know what my actual weigh in was after I get home from LA Weightloss, and I'll try to find a fat pic of me (I try to not have pictures taken of me, cause I hate the way I look!  :-[).
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2008, 10:51:25 pm »
Hey Alex, you know what else is good on tilapia?  Cilantro, cumin, lime juice, a teeny, tiny bit of butter, chili powder and cayenne.  Even with the butter, it's still really low in fat and calories. I serve it with a tiny bit of brown rice. 

Another good way to make veggies is with red pepper flakes, garlic and a tiny bit of olive oil...just sautee it until done to your liking. :)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...Yummy!!  Thanks, now I'm hungry!!  lol  :D :D

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 03:20:14 am »
Okay, current weight is 175.4 lbs.  Starting weight like a month ago was 185, so I'm down 10 lbs!! WOOOO!! ;D

My goal is 135, and I wanna fit into a size 6, they told me at LA Weightloss my target date is sometime in June, so it looks like I'm well on my way!

Modified to add:  Sorry no pics, I'll take one later and post it.   :-[ :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 03:21:15 am by London_Pyr_Lover »

k2campbell

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 01:17:31 am »
Hello ladies,

Today was my weigh-in day, started last Thursday and am down a whole whopping 5 lbs in one week! Wooooo-hoo!!! ;D ;D ;D

I know that the 5 lbs in one week result isn't typical, but it's my first week of both watching what I eat AND working out, so I suppose it's warranted! ;D No cheating either, I'm doing good! :D I'm actually surprised, because of the fact I'm still nursing Blake I'm supposed to have a bit more to eat than the suggested (which I have been), but when you are eating foods that are GOOD for you (as opposed to something quick & easy), I suppose it makes a difference! ;D The biggest thing I'm finding is that I HAVE to plan ahead (which is fine) but I never really did that before  ;)

I'm finding it straight forward to follow... Other than having to go buy an ENTIRE run of groceries to replace a lot of stuff we had in the house...I'm happy  ;) Oh, and Eric is liking my recipes' and snacks on the plan, so that's another bonus  ;D

And Julie, my tilapia recipe is almost identical to yours, it sure is yummy isn't it! ;D The only thing I'm having to avoid with a lot of the recipes is the cumin and chili powders because I'm nursing Blake, but that's ok  ;)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 03:18:26 am »
you go girls!!! so proud of you ALL!  I too am on the weight loss journey and am down 8 pounds!  I'll be checking in on y'all  :)  in the meantime - I am sending tons and tons of supportive vibes!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 07:19:13 am »
Please stop giving ME all the weight ya'll lose, OK?  I mean I want to help and all, but seriously...  ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

k2campbell

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 07:20:28 am »
So yummy, Kel. I can't believe you've lost 5lbs!  I'm really, really proud of you.

Aw, thanks JuJu!!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 09:51:23 pm »
To all of  your weight losers

Way to Go
As for myself I have totally fallen off the wagon - I am going to be so upset with myself tomorrow when I weigh in!!  But I will start over tomorrow - BUT why oh why is it so hard to take off a few pounds and soooo easy to put them back on??

Then I can be good for this week and then I'm going away for a week and will eat out all week - thats never good!!

Oh well - back on the wagon - or should I say treadmill

Randy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:52:18 pm by aggghgmom »

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 09:54:39 pm »
Aww!!  You can do it!  We believe in you!!    ;) :D :D :D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 10:07:39 pm »
We all weigh in tomorrow. Personally, I'm excited. I haven't been able to keep checking the scale because I've been so good!! Of course, it's only my first week so I haven't had much of a wagon to fall off of yet, but the Nutrisystem food is so good (for the most part) and I haven't really wanted to snack.

The hardest part has been not eating past 7pm. I'm used to having a dessert or munchies late at night while Aaron and I watch TV so my tummy starts grumbling wondering what's going on now. I just grit my teeth and go to bed a little earlier.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

k2campbell

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 05:08:36 am »
The hardest part has been not eating past 7pm. I'm used to having a dessert or munchies late at night while Aaron and I watch TV so my tummy starts grumbling wondering what's going on now. I just grit my teeth and go to bed a little earlier.

I know it's not the most appetizing thing, but try to down a glass of water (or two!) when you're hungry, it really works for me! ;)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 05:19:31 am »
If I stay up late and get hungry I eat a big bowl of watermelon  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 07:09:18 am »
Mmmmmm, yum watermelon!  I've also had good luck with air popped popcorn or sigh....rice cakes for munching late at night.   Not the same as whatever I was craving, but they do seem to fill in those hollow spots.    ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees