Author Topic: BPO Battle of the Bulge  (Read 16525 times)

k2campbell

Re: BPO Battle of the Bulge
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 10:57:18 am »
omg, how did i miss this?
So, im here with you all. my goal is like 110-120lbs LMAO i was 107 until i met darcy...
ok, i started, well, i tried, to start eating a bit better. OK, so im a Tim Horton Junkie. I LOVE my Cola and im addicted to cheese. but if i dont buy cheese, i dont have any to eat, which has helped, but darcy had a nacho craving and so, we bought cheeze, and guess who ate the block? ME yep. ugh.
I did, though, lose 10lbs since January... FROM NOT EATING CHEESE GUYS! my god!
i am not a big 'healthy eater' i hate almost all veggies. So that helps me NONE. like, i dont know, if i put something i dont like in my mouth, instantly have that vomit feeling. and, well, thats not fun at all.
I have, also been eating some tuna sandwiches, yum, i used to be addicted to tuna when i was a kid, except i do put mayo on it. boo. thats about the only fish i will eat. lol
I dont eat Chocolate *not often anyways, one bar maybe every 2 months?* it makes me sick... 12
any other hints and tips?  my weight was 180 in Jan, down now 171 *yes, i had to eat that dam bar of cheese*
we got a tread mill, and i used it once, but the belt was loose so we had to have it fixed, and i havent used it again since... i know, i really should. and the weather is much too cold for me to walk. TOO BAD i guess.

Jo if you like coffee from Timmy's you can still have it, just cut out the sugar/cream (or at least cut it down a little). I use those International Delights creamers, the low-fat French Vanilla one (DELICIOUS by the way!) is not bad at all, but you can only have 1 TBSP (which is all you need really)! Black coffee is just fine, no fat  ;)

As for the cheese, I love it too...and I found a low-fat version from Kraft (although I haven't seen it in blocks yet) it's pre-sliced and I can't tell the difference from fatty cheese at all! ;D Can't eat tonnes of it or anything, but every little bit helps (right)? ??? ::) :D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 02:07:19 pm »
Does anyone have a good, easy recipe for low-fat, low calorie smoothies?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 02:12:04 pm »
Here's our favorite smoothie,

Vanilla Soy Milk
a ripe banana
frozen berries

Just toss it all in the blender, whiz it up & drink.  It's just that fast & easy.  We like strawberries sometimes, but my fav is the Costco frozen blueberry/raspberry/marionberry mixture.  Yum!  BTW, cow's milk works well too if you add a little vanilla.  I like soy milk b/c it works for our son that is allergic to dairy, it's heart healthy, and since it's sold w/vanilla already added, it's super easy.   ;)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

k2campbell

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 05:59:44 pm »
Does anyone have a good, easy recipe for low-fat, low calorie smoothies?

Here's what I use:

- Astro Source Fat-free Plain Yogurt (not frozen, it doens't have aspertame and there's no sugar added)

- Europe's Best frozen fruits...one thing to watch when you buy frozen fruits is that some have added sugar, Europe's Best doesn't (there are lots of varieties) Summer Fruits (grapes/melon/strawberries) Berry Mixtures (blueberries, raspberries, black berries) I usually mix a few together

- Half a banana

- 3 tsp's Olive Oil (I know it sounds kind of yucky but you can't even taste it, and it's sooooooooo good for you)!

- I also put a Fibre Supplement in mine, I buy it at my local health food store (it's not Metamucil or any of those), it's all natural and has added vitamins and minerals as a bonus!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 08:38:48 am »
Wow! Great smoothie suggestions and that was a wonderful article, Katie! Thanks!!

OK, yesterday was weigh-in day and I don't see any results here from our "Losers".

I went to a gala last night and had 3 glasses of wine and some delicious non-nutrisystem finger foods so I was a little nervous to weigh myself this morning (also, it's that time of the month - you know, "munch-stration")

Thankfully, I'm still on a losing streak: down 6.5 pounds!!  ;D

Only only 43 to go... >:(
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 02:42:53 pm »
Ahhh..I was doing wedding stuff for the past week, so I'm sure I've gained, but am too much of a chicken to check.  Will weigh in this week.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

k2campbell

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 08:17:35 pm »
OK, yesterday was weigh-in day and I don't see any results here from our "Losers".

Oh gee, I forgot to post  ::)

Last week I lost 3 lbs, woo-hoo! ;D ;D ;D So I've lost 8 lbs total in 2 weeks...BUT I know that's about to change  :P

I was told that this is usually how dieting works, that if you really stick to it (and don't cheat) within the first couple of weeks you can really drop some weight fast, which I have (although I don't really know where I lost it from...my pants are a bit looser but everything else is the same)  ::)

From here on I'm guessing I'll most likely lose 1 lb a week (if that)...but that's fine with me, I'm just happy to have some success thus far! ;D ;D ;D Especially considering I haven't skipped any meals or anything becuase I can't (I'm nursing Blake) and that would be unsafe! ;)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 01:41:17 pm »
Great job, everyone!! We must be learning something if we can still lose or maintain even if we're not being strict with our respective diets all 7 days.

I think 1-2 pounds is both healthy and average when following a safe diet plan (after the initial water-weight drop at the beginning). Definitely don't expect that initial momentum to last very long, and don't get frustrated if it doesn't.

Remember, even if you lose 1 pound or a 1/2 pound a week - those add up - that's 2-4 pounds a month and - most importantly - it gives your elastic skin time to catch up with your weight loss so you won't have saggy skin hanging down to your ankles when it's all over!!

Keep up the good work, ladies!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 02:54:47 am »
Yay!  I've officially lost 10lbs since New Year's!  Yay!  Right now, I'm at 130, so only 10 more lbs to go! 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 08:04:29 am »
Alright, Ladies... It's weigh-in day. How did we do?

I was worried (again) 'cause I'm in another play and have had to go straight from work to the theatre so I've been skipping lunch and stopping at McDevil's for supper.

But...

down another couple of pounds to 181.5. That makes 8.5 total so far! That 1st ten pounds is soooo close!!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 10:38:20 am »
Well I didn't weigh in today - we got back from a vacation in Florida late last night - I didn't eat terribly but definately ate more than I should so I'm not going to get on the scale if I see a gain even though I know it is justified I may lose my resolve to just get back to dieting so my next weigh in will be saturday

To all of you losers:

WEIGH TO GO!!! (get it...weigh not way)
Randy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:38:49 am by aggghgmom »

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 01:02:31 am »
Aghhh!!  I "treated" myself to buffalo wings last night!  I "rationalize" that they were acceptable since they weren't breaded and they were mostly all protein.  Shoot! But, thanks for the reality check!  So....I'll be waiting a few days before I weigh myself again!!!   ;)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 05:09:20 am »
Alright ladies! 

I went for my weigh in today, and...Drum Roll Please!  I'm now at 169.6 lbs!  Down 14 lbs from my start date on Jan 4!  So I'm loosing an average of 2.33 lbs per week.   ;D  I'm down 5 inches in total, 1.5 from my chest, 2.5 from my waist, and 1 from the thunder thighs!  At this rate I'll be able to fit into that bikini I've been eyeballing in the Victoria Secrets Catalogue by my birthday!

Woo Hoo!!!  Let's keep this momentum going!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

My Sponsership page for my very first race!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 06:15:08 am »
WOOOOHOOOO!!!  GREAT JOB!!!!! 

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 10:01:41 pm »
Yay Alex!

I had my weigh in last night. Down .4 lbs. Total loss to date 10lbs. over 6 weeks.  I think ???