Author Topic: BPO Battle of the Bulge  (Read 16483 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: BPO Battle of the Bulge
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 11:14:36 pm »
I hit 10 lbs gone yesterday!! OH! What a feeling!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

k2campbell

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2008, 11:00:03 am »
Sooooooooooooo oo frustrated this morning (it's my weigh-in day) :'( :P :-X :-\

Started dieting and excersizing Jan 31...to date have lost 9 lbs (5lbs being in the 1st week) so I have had success. BUT, the last 2 weeks I haven't lost a single pound!!! >:( >:( >:( So upset this morning, I was just hoping for 1 friggin' pound!!! :'( :P ::)

Of course I'm happy that I didn't gain...but still...I haven't cheated and have been doing really, really good with sticking to everything...B AHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!! >:( >:( >:(

But, this kind of thing seems to happen to me a lot. I've been dealing with "issues" again with my Mom and (go figure) I get stressed.  :-\ Harder to lose weight when your mind doesn't ever stop turning for two seconds I guess!  :-[

Anywho...on to the next week, hopefully it will be a better one!!! ;)

Sorry for all the negativity this morning, but I just had to get it out! ::)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:03:29 am by k2campbell »

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 11:36:13 am »
I can definitely understand the stress eating!!

Don't forget to drink lots of water, Kate - that will help flush all the stuff out that is causing you to not be able to metabolize faster.

I am happy to say I am down 11.5 pounds as of this morning - even though I was pissed off last night and ate M&M Speck-tacular eggs for dinner.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

k2campbell

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 12:21:36 pm »

Don't forget to drink lots of water, Kate - that will help flush all the stuff out that is causing you to not be able to metabolize faster.

I am happy to say I am down 11.5 pounds as of this morning - even though I was pissed off last night and ate M&M Speck-tacular eggs for dinner.

CONGRATS to you...that is awesome!!! ;D

As for the stress eating...it's not that I'm eating because of stress, I just get in a "dumpy" sort of mood and it seems that my body reacts to that, by retaining more water or something...I dunno  ::)

And thanks for the water tip...I think that's where I've sort of been lacking lately to be honest. I am still nursing so always drink at least 6 glasses a day. I always have 1 cup of coffee every morning but lately (with the added stress) I've been having about 3 cups...which would totally dehydrate me, so must drink more H2O!!! ::) ::) ::)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 12:58:30 pm »
did my weigh in, 166# (started at 180 in Jan) YAY
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2008, 03:19:21 pm »
Aghhhh!! I FELL OFF THE WAGON last weekend!!!!! 

Ugh...Last Friday, a friend from CO flew in, so we all decided to go out!  I had just gotten home from work, and hadn't eaten dinner yet (let's count them...mistake numero uno!).  So, we headed out....after four bars and (ahem!) multiple beers later, we ended up at La Bambas!  For those of you that don't know what La Bambas is, it's a burrito place that I wouldn't consider even looking at if I'm even remotely sober....HOWEV ER, I proceeded to eat the entire burrito. Mind you, their slogan is "BURRITO'S AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD!!!"  Gulp!

Then, my husband's family came into town, which meant going to restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. By Sunday, I knew I had screwed everything up anyway, so we ordered pizza!!!!  AGH!!!

Needless to say, I was terrified to look at the scale on Monday.  Somehow, I only managed to gain 1.5lbs, which meant getting on the treadmill and eating like I actually had a brain for the rest of the week....

Now, I'm back on the wagon at 129.5lbs.....j ust 9.5lbs to go!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 12:18:45 am »
I went in to LA Wieghtloss the other day for a wiegh in.  I gained .4 lbs!  WAAAA!!!  It's that SeaFood Linguini I had on Saturday, I just know it!  Also I worked lots last week so didn't get my tread mill and Yoga/Pilates time in at all.  I was at 169.6 now 170.0.  Oh well.   :(
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

k2campbell

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 12:33:13 am »

CONGRATS to you...that is awesome!!! ;D

As for the stress eating...it's not that I'm eating because of stress, I just get in a "dumpy" sort of mood and it seems that my body reacts to that, by retaining more water or something...I dunno  ::)

And thanks for the water tip...I think that's where I've sort of been lacking lately to be honest. I am still nursing so always drink at least 6 glasses a day. I always have 1 cup of coffee every morning but lately (with the added stress) I've been having about 3 cups...which would totally dehydrate me, so must drink more H2O!!! ::) ::) ::)

Just make sure you aren't drinking too much. I got in trouble at the doctor's the other day for drinking far too much water. I was averaging about 150-200oz per day. I know, I know, I just love water. Anyway, they asked me to cut my intake in half because drinking too much water can dangersouly lower your potassium which can lead to a heart attack.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a worry wart. Just don't get excessively after it like I did!

Thanks Julie (I mean Mom  ;)) I appreciate your concern!!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 06:31:20 am »
What a rollercoaster ride it is. I'm off the wagon this week in a big way. On mondays weigh in I was down 2.4lbs for a total weight loss now of 12.4lbs. But since then I can't stop eating because I'm PMSing. I don't know how to control it either. I'm sure I'm going to be up god knows how much at the next weigh in. :(