Author Topic: BPO Battle of the Bulge  (Read 16481 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
BPO Battle of the Bulge
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:54:39 pm »
I got my Nutrisystem food in today!! So, I'm off on my quest to be a loser!! I thought I would start this thread because there were a couple others who are fighting the same fight.

Wanna check in once a week to montior our progress?

Post our problems, questions and celebrate our successes?

Let's do it here!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: BPO Battle of the Bulge
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:19:37 pm »
That's an awesome idea!

I'll be going into the LA weight loss center tomorrow for a weigh in, I don't know if I'll have lost anything since my last one though.  I've been a bad girl and have succumbed to my Tim Hortons addiction almost every day this week.  :-[ ;)

I'll let you guys know afterwards!  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:45:05 pm »
Great idea!!!  My friend went on LA Weightloss 5 years ago, and now she's made her same plan out for me!  I have to weigh-in with her weekly and show her my food logs!  Anyway, I'm losing slowly, but steadily....I've lost 6 pounds since the beginning of January!  Yay!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:20:05 pm »
Yes I'm here and ready to check in - I also weigh in tomorrow - this was NOT a good week - it was my birthday week and I let myself go a bit.

So I'll start over tomorrow - actually this would be the first week I have gained in about 4 months.

As I mentioned I am Jenny Craig.  Will you be starting your Nutrisystem tomorrow?

What is everyone going to do about the Superbowl?

How do you want to run this thread - put our weight, goal and losses each week?  Or just losses each week?  And do we want to keep a thread going or do a PM type of thing?  What does anyone thing?  How about a photo - either from recently or a bit older just so we can see who we are writing back and forth to?

Just a thought

Randy (From Rochester, NY)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 10:25:46 pm »
I think we should list our losses/gains each week. I'm going to buy a scale tomorrow so we can all start on or about the same day.

We can post before, during and after pictures if you want. I'm posting mine again below. (EWW)

I unpacked all my nutrisystem food and had cheese tortellini for lunch and thin crust cheese pizza for dinner. The portion sizes are quite small, but you are supposed to make yourself a salad to eat with it. I don't have any of that in the house so I just let my tummy grumble lightly for a while. As far as taste goes, it's not that bad at all. The cheese tortellini had a lot of tomato sauce with veggie chunkies in it and the pizza came with the crust (kind of like a Bobolli crust) then you spread the sauce on from a packet and sprinkle the cheese from another packet. It was pretty tasty. I'm going to have dessert in a minute - that's the true test.

If it's OK with the moderators, I say we keep it in a thread. If not, we'll go PM.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:35:17 pm »
Well I have done ok on the weight loss and just ok on the smoking...I have cut down on the smoking from about a pack a day to a pack every 4 days...So thats good...but this weekend I am not even going to worry...Sunday is a huge day...from 10-1 I have to go to a Krew De Barkus...Its a MardiG parade we have every year...Doggie parade and all kinds of booths..Very fun though..Then me and my kids who are 17 and 19 are meeting friends at Trinity Hall, an Irish Pub in Dallas for a late lunch and then to House Of Blues for SuperBowl Party and then Flogging Molly...my all time favorite Irish Punk band is playing...so I am sure lots of food and a mega keg of beer with the irish folks and I will most likely not only gain a major headache but a few pounds as well...but darn well worth it!!  I will begin again on Monday!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:13:59 am »
I think it's a great idea!  I am forever trying to lose weight.  It's funny, I used to think I was SO fat, and then I packed on 64 lbs.  Even after that I don't think I looked bad, but it was clear I was overweight.  (Everyone said I carry it well...maybe they were just being nice.  ;D)  Anyway, I neve realized how good I looked back then and I want to get back to that!  I've lost 25 lbs on Weight Watchers, but I've stalled and gained back 5 lbs.  I just joined a gym last night, so maybe we can motivate each other to stick with it...

So I will be the first to bite the bullet and announce my starting weight... *gulp*...  184 lbs.   

Although, I don't think posting your weight is necessary if you don't want to...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 01:18:52 am by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 02:23:22 am »
Well today was weigh in - not so good actually the first time in months I have put on weight I'm not surprised this week was my birthday AND we were away last weekend - but I really was watching - I brought my own breakfast when I went away; didn't have deserts but it still wasn't pretty.  Oh well back on the horse - usually I slack off on Saturdays after weigh in but not today!!  I also didn't treadmill as much (OK at all this week).  I may join a gym today - I want my son to come with me and he is resisting he would rather sit home on his tush.

So while not required I will tell you:

My weight started at 228 (yuck!) in the fall and I am down:
212 - Current weight
199 - immediate goal (the whole goal is overwhelming!)
170 - ending goal (although maybe when I get there I will push it to 160?

Finally, a whine - I have lost 16 pounds and noone (except hubby) has noticed and all my clothing still fits - what a bummer I guess that is because I am 5' 8" and it was easy to hide 20 so I guess noone will notice for a while.

Best of luck to everyone this week!!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 02:53:55 am »
That's great that you have lost that much weight!  It's so easy to put it on and SO SO hard to take it off!  I know how it is when you want people to see the results of your hard work.  My family never notices and honestly, I only went down one jeans size after losing 20 lbs.  Size 18 used to be snug on me...and I can fit into 14's now, but it's usually not very comfortable!!

My girls try to motivate me by buying great clothes for my birthday or Christmas that is a size or two too small.  LOL!  katie gave me the cutest pair of khaki green cargo capris that are a size 12...I'm determined to fit into them by this summer!

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 08:00:36 am »
Well, here's my weigh-in, and it's a little disappointing. I thought I was at 185, but my brand new scale tells a different story, so...

My starting weight is 190
Goal Weight:  145

So far, I'm doing OK with the Nutrisystem food. I'm not any more hungry than when I eat fast food and I'm not even eating all that they tell me to eat because I haven't gone grocery sopping yet. I'm supposed to supplement it with fruits and salads, etc.

Gonna make my beef tacos now and my microwave chocolate cake later.

Can't wait 'til weigh-in next week!!

lorim2

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:11 am »
Ok..you guys have really motivated me now!!  Soooo after my keg o beer tomorrow, I am really gonna hit it!!  haha...serious ly gonna try...I will reveal my loss next week..promise

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 09:40:27 am »
I'm on board too ladies!!! ;)

After having Blake...then surgery...I wasn't able to do much other than walk (up until now) :P I know walking is good excercise but when it's -20 C here right now, our walks are not so enjoyable! :D We still go, but it's not as nice as walking during spring/summer/fall...

ANYWHO. We bought an elliptical last month, I got the OK from my doc on Thursday to start on it...YIPEEEEE!!! ;D ;D ;D It gives me a GREAT workout, actually it really kicks my @ss! :D So with that, entertaining Blake and Kate all day, and the walking, I hope to see some change! ;)

PLUS, I've started on the CORE plan with Weight Watchers (not the POINTS plan). It's fairly easy to follow...I have certain allocations of core foods a day that I can have (lean protein, veggies, fruits, whole grains, dairy) and I get 35 Flex Points a week on top of that (that's for the bad stuff) ha ha ha ;) It's mostly about making smart choices and understanding portion control  ;)

I did lose all the baby weight with Blake HOWEVER I was overweight before I had him, so want to lose that and then some! ;D And that surgery really set me back, I was pretty much bed-ridden for a while, not fun  :P I'm an active person so that was tough on me! ;)

I signed up online (can still attend meetings) but for me I work best without being pushed by someone I don't even know!  ::) It's also VERY expensive and the online program was much better suited to my budget (we did after all just buy an expensive piece of excercise equipment)!  :D BUT I really think this plan is going to work for me, I know I can do it and stay motivated as I want to be healthier for myself, for Blake, and sexier for Eric! ;) :-*

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:31:06 pm »
Ok.  Looks like we have a great weight loss buddy system going here.  Good for you Kelly, for having the drive to be able to answer to yourself.  I, on the other hand, need someone to answer to every week.  I can justify every bad choice I make to myself, but I need someone there telling me that my justifications are full of it.  Not so deep down, I know they are right.

Here are my words of encouragement:  We may have long term goals that seem impossible.  But if you celebrate the small successes, before you know it, you'll reach the long term.  Any weight loss is a reason to be proud.  Even if you only lose two lbs - be as proud of that loss as much as you would be upset if you had gained two.  Losing weight is hard and dropping two lbs is an accomplishment!

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 11:53:59 pm »
OK so I'm having SUCH a bad week - first I was annoyed that I had gained weight last week then the superbowl, then my daughter was home sick from school yesterday which caused me to hit the kitchen cabinets (where we store the junk food).  I ate so much yesterday I was sick to my stomach - today not much better - I have to find my motivation again.

Hope everyone else is doing better!!

Randy

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 12:09:33 am »
If it's OK with the moderators, I say we keep it in a thread. If not, we'll go PM.

I definitely think you guys should keep it in a thread. Maybe it will motivate others (like myself ::)) to start eating healthy again.

I had lost a TON of weight a couple years ago (when I lived in Canada)...I moved back to the states and packed it all on again...and then some!

I am definitely overweight, and at this point and time, I think I like food more than looking fit and slim. And I wish I didn't, but that's the reality of it! hahaha I need to get in a different mindset I guess. So yes, please keep your progress and all that good stuff in this thread. I need the motivation!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees