Author Topic: Puppy Class  (Read 4164 times)

Offline frankle1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Puppy Class
« on: July 30, 2005, 11:38:01 am »
No surprise that he is the biggest puppy there!

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy Class
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 05:36:43 pm »
I love the puppy class pictures !!!  We have our last puppy class with Moose Wednesday night and he too is the biggest one there .  Three of the other pups are about the same age as Moose. Our trainer runs nice small classes of 5 pups and has the adult dogs in a seperate class. We've really enjoyed the classes, Moose listens well as long as we don't ask more than once or twice for him to do something or he'll lie down till we make up our minds as to what exactly it is we want. At the end of each class he gets to play with the other pups.
I'll try and see if I remember to bring our camera on Wednesday night .

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 05:41:56 pm »
Sooooo cute! Bear was the biggest pup in puppy kinderarten too. He was also the calmest and most well-adjusted one. Somehow Newfs are just the best students who just go along with the flow no matter what. I love it!

Both of you have to post the graduations of Hudson & Moose. If I can I will find baby Bear's too.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 06:21:36 pm »
wonderful pictures of the puppy class. I couldn't get any cause Toester was so bad we had to keep taking her out of the room during class so the trainer could work with her by herself. She didn't want the treats that I had so the next class we had her favorite people food well she didn't want that either she was so busy trying to see what everyone else was doing. At home she does well but in public it looks like she's never been near a puppy class. Hershie did well on all but the sit/stay and the stand..he said if I have to sit too long I'm laying down. When it came to the stand she showed me a couple of neat tricks to get him to stand but Hershie rolled over and peed. Every time that's all he'd do. Miss was a great student the teacher even used her to show examples to the others. and yes they were all the biggest pups in the class.

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 06:34:13 pm »
thats so cute poor Zoe cant have any friends. On Toesters first day the teacher wanted to see how much everyone knew so we did sit and Toester backed up and sat on the chair. Everyone laughed so hard. I'll never forget that. She still does it to this day

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 06:39:41 pm »
Lesli--I am wiping the tears from my face. That is way too funny ;D ;D ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 08:28:28 pm »
Hehehe! Go Jack! That made me laugh.

It could have been worse Tina- he could have fallen asleep after the 10 minutes of playing with the other pups he dwarfed.  ;D

Oh Laurel- that is the best story ever. What great memories dogs have huh?

Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 08:36:43 pm »
thanks Jacks mom next puppy I'll try cookies

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 09:29:32 am »
I am laughing so hard at the stories !!  I can so see it now !
We can't say 'stay'  with Moose once he had the 'sit' command as he takes it as plopping down . If we say 'sit' he will sit and stay for as long as we want ( as long as it coincides with how long Moose decided to sit ) but the minute we say 'stay' he plops down. 
Last week the trainer was going to show us all how to calm down a hyper dog and then we had to do it ourselves. Hubby was on the field with Moose and looked down but Moose was just lying there looking at everyone .

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 03:32:23 pm »
Thanks for the laugh Laurel ;D

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 03:57:11 pm »
That is too funny !!!

All these poor pups are just hoping against hope that we humans learn enough at puppy school so that they don't have to be embarrassed to be seen with us, LOL. it's soooo obvious that our pups don't need to be trained at all, LOL LOL LOL