Author Topic: Interview Jitters  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Interview Jitters
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:13:31 am »
Ok, so this afternoon I have an interview for the lead position at my work, and I am soooo nervous! Like, more nervous than I've ever been for an interview. And I mean, it's not like it's the end of the world if I don't get it. But all the supervisors have high expectations for me, and they are the ones who sort of solicited me to apply for the position.

A lead is basically like a supervisor, but you don't have to do quarterly reviews on employees AND you get paid hourly so when you work a 13 hour day, you actually get paid for the whole thing ;D Working for an airline, you're often stuck working hours after your scheduled shift. Especially during the winter :P

But anyway, I'm trying to think of questions they're going to ask me. I know they like to hear experiences such as "tell me about a time when you had to take over for another employee" or whatever....an d I can answer the questions in my head now, but when they actually ask me, I'm totally going to forget all my stories. I know it. hahaha

And then I also think, if I do get the lead position, I feel like some people won't like me anymore, even though I, as a person wouldn't be changing. Mainly the people that have been there for years and think they know everything would feel the most resentment. I've been at this job less than a year PLUS I'm only 19 (almost 20...), so I have a feeling people are going to dislike me. But if I get the job, they'll get over it, right?
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Interview Jitters
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 02:56:12 am »
Good luck! Go get em!!!  ;D

I think the most important is to explain to them how much you really want this position and how great you will be at it  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:08:29 am »
Thanks guys! ;D I feel a bit better now. Not so "jittery". haha I agree that some people may change towards me. And I'm fully prepared for that to happen. I don't think they will ever necessarily "get over it", but they will learn to live with it. :) ;) ;D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:12:19 am »
I work for a large corporation and many of our questions are behavioral based not job specific.  Keep a positive attitude and do not dwell on negative occurences or speak poorly of others.  Keep things on an objective playing field.

As far as the resentment, their will always be resentment by some even if you are the greatest lead every.  Some people just do not like authority and will rebel against it whether there is a legitmate reason on not.  I would not dwell too much on it.  at the end of a day if your sucess is a barrier to a percieved freindship, how good of a freind were they?
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 06:41:37 am »
Thanks for everything guys!! To tell you the truth, the hardest part was getting to the interview without every single co-worker asking me what I was doing at the airport. Applying for this position isn't something that I broadcasted publicly, and I still felt the need to keep it out of the rumors. haha I prefer to stay out of that kind of thing, so it was tricky getting past them, but I did it!hahaha. I think the interview went pretty well. Whether I get the job or not, I'm not sure. We'll find out early next week ;D If not, it's definitely not the end of the world. There will be other opportunities I'm sure. ;) ;) :) ;D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:04:00 am »
I got a call this morning.....

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) :D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 06:07:59 am »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Way to go Samantha!  ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:17:07 am »
CONGRATS!  WAY TO GO!