Author Topic: Is 3 times a day bad for 1 year-old  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Is 3 times a day bad for 1 year-old
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:01:47 am »
I have been feeding Butter 3 times a day since we first got him when he was 12 weeks old. I am aware that we don't need to feed 3 times a day, since he is already over 1 year-old. We are trying to change it into 2 times a day, but he is so depressed about it, that he tries to lead us to his feeding place every a few minutes during lunch time. Anything bad about feeding 3 times a day?

Thanks

Offline Edwpang

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Is 3 times a day bad for 1 year-old
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:40:37 am »
Thanks Julie for your reply.  :)
There is no problem feeding 3 times, since my wife mostly works at home. It should be fine if we skip the middle meal occationally, right?

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:55:25 am »
If you want to cut out that middle meal you can add a bit more food for breakfast and dinner.   For lunch you can give him a knuckle bone to occupy him and you won't feel guilty.  There's no harm in eating 3x a day but it can be a pain in the butt on weekends and days you can't be around to give him his lunch.

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:59:01 am »
I agree if 3 meals a day is feasable for your family then by all means,,,But if to much of a hassle then twice a day and a chew treat that will last instead.

I feed Max twice a day then a treat at bedtime,my pyr pup and Cocker have free choice.
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse