Author Topic: so many Berners!  (Read 1869 times)

Offline SadieA

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
so many Berners!
« on: February 01, 2008, 11:34:34 pm »
Yesterday I was in Boston (Charlestown, actually) for an interview, and while walking to the building from where I parked, I saw TWO berners! So exciting for me! I got a chance to talk to the first and his owner. It was funny, he was about two years old, and 108 pounds, so probably a little bigger than I'm guessing Sammy will eventually get. But, he had puppy fur! The owner said she figured he would stay that way- he was all fluffy and soft. Sammy, on the other hand, has shiny, curly fur at seven months. Pretty different looking!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: so many Berners!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 12:46:39 am »
Awww. It's always exciting to see big paws of the breed you own!!! That is crazy about the puppy fur though! haha How much does Sammy weigh now? 108 is on the bigger side for berners isn't it?
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:02:22 am »
That is so exciting that you got to see a pair of berners on your trip.  Cooper is already starting to lose his puppy fur and his back is starting to get all curly.  I had never seen a berner with a curly back before.  Is Sammy's staying curly the longer it gets?       
Kaitlen

Cooper ~ 1 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
Coda (aka ruler of the household) ~ 5 year old, chubby grumpy, male cat
Ava (sister to the ruler) ~ 5 year old petite angel, female cat

Offline SadieA

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:52:45 am »
yes, his fur seems to be staying curly. His dad was kind of curly too, so I'm assuming it'll stay that way. It's especially curly right after he's had a bath- a bath makes him look like he gained about 15 pounds!

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 10:03:35 pm »
Yesterday I was in Boston (Charlestown, actually) for an

hey if you ever need help or watching your dog or walking please let me know! We are certified, bonded and insured!!!

Offline SadieA

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 11:38:36 pm »
good to know, thanks! I should definitely be starting up grad school full-time this summer, it's just a question of location! And at that point, I'm definitely going to need to figure out some help for Sammy. He's so spoiled right now, having me around all the time! I wish I could just bring him with me everywhere, to class, etc.!