Author Topic: HELLO EVERYONE!  (Read 2311 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
HELLO EVERYONE!
« on: July 30, 2005, 11:56:02 am »
 :D  Hi!  It has been a while since I have had time to get online to chat, post, or update!  Summer in our family is quite the busy time!  Between work, the kids sports, summer activities, hun's sports, and placing puppies I have hardly had time to breathe!  We have placed all of our puppies in wonderful homes, had one mishap when a couple in Alaska did not disclose his wife's fear of "BIG" dogs and after much checking and conversation one of my girls went to them, 24 hours later the wife calls and tells me they thought by getting a puppy who would grow big she would "get over" her fear but it was not going to happen.  I was livid they did not tell me, and very worried about my girl.  Thankfully she was flown back to me immediately and now is making her home In North Carolina.  I will probably spend hours looking at all the posts to catch up on info!  We did decided not to take Misty, our new girl for breeding, and decided instead to take a pup out of the same stock.  I was very worried about bringing in a female who was grown with an very protective Alpha Female residing in my house, so puppy comes home next month.  Talk to everyone soon!  Its great to be back!  You will also notice a picture of an American Cocker with my boys, You may recall my middle son lost his black lab right before Christmas his hunting cokmpanion, bed snuggler, and best friend.  Having the puppies helped heal his heart but he was still very lonely and needed a good little boys dog to hang out with, another NUrse I work with had Max, a 3 1/2 year old cocker who did belong to her son but he left home and did not want Max anymore. Max was 1 when this happened, so he lived with my friend and her husband the last few years, and hubby did not want him, he stayed inside all day alone while they worked, and when my friend came home they played, she loved him very much.  I researched the breed, and they are good bird dogs, Max is very smart, he plays ball, fetches retrieves, plays frisbee, will actually roll his ball with his nose to your feet if you say " I can't reach it"  if you say "I still can't reach it"  he will put it right in your lap.  My son fell in love with the dog when we took him for the day as a trial.  They play for hours on end, sleep together, are almost inseaperable!  It has been wonderful for the dog and for my son! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: HELLO EVERYONE!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 12:14:34 pm »
Hi Kildes Nice to have you back. The summer has been busy huh..... The puppies are really cute and the cocker is a sweet looking boy too.

Have you gotten the female puppy home yet, or when will you be getting her.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 12:41:22 pm »
Marrit, She returned to me a few weeks ago ;), I sent her on Monday and had her back in my home on Wednesday.  She has been bought by a family in North Carolina and will be breeding with his Male when she is old enough and has her clearances done.  They were on their way here to pick her up but his mother ended up in the hospital so I will be flying her out Tuesday.  They do not like to fly their dogs and the wife may not agree to it so I am waiting to hear, if she still wants to drive I may have her a few more weeks but she is paid for and a beautiful lovely girl, it will just give me that  much more time to keep working with her on basic commands!  Right now she is sitting by feet! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 02:38:54 pm »
Welcome back Kildes! We have missed you terribly! But its good to hear you're having fun!

Michael

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 02:46:50 pm »
Hey Shana! We missed you and are so glad you are back. You do have a lot to catch up but I am sure that when summer is over and life is "back to normal" then you can fill us in on everything!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 05:07:16 pm »
 ;D  Yes it has been a very busy summer!  The boys are leaving for bible camp Monday and won't be home until Thursday, I am off work until Wednesday so I am looking forward to some down time!  My daughter will not be going to this camp, as she is "to old" in her opinion, so will go for 7 days mid August to junior high fellowship camp.  I do believe she is in for quite a shock when she realizes this "camp" is actually at a hotel with part of everyday spent in devotions and with various speakers!  Not like the actual "cabin" camping , campfires, and swimming she has been participating in.  I expect her to enjoy it regardless!  LOL!  I need to go wash off, I am itching all over from clipping Anthony's cocker, hair from head to toe!  Shana
Storm Jameson