Author Topic: Geese caper  (Read 1916 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Geese caper
« on: July 30, 2005, 01:53:32 pm »
Have some new shots at a private lake with the kids and Niki taken yesterday.  The kids were in a paddleboad and Niki jumped in to chase the geese (could never catch them).  She was so determined to get them that she swam until all we could see was a little dot of her head.  I got really scared that she would swim so hard and collapse and drown.  The kids went after her in the boat and grabbed her collar to pull her back to the side and one kid was paddling as hard as she could while Niki. so set on those geese, started draggin the boat with the kids in the other direction.  We got her out OK after a bit of a scare.   
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Geese caper
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 08:22:40 pm »
Niki looks soooo excited standing on that boat  :D I would be scared too, that my dog would drown, I can just picture poor, not so athletic, Galahad trying to keep up with geese lol....

Im sure you had a great day and I totally like geese, we sometimes go to a restaurant for breakfast on sat, or sun and they have a pond with geese outside, I always hide my bread and ask for more, so I can bring out and feed them. They are just too cool.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Geese caper
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 08:29:27 pm »
What a great swimmer Niki is. She looks like she had a blast!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.