Author Topic: Grace is at the Vet STILL  (Read 7227 times)

lins_saving_grace

Grace is at the Vet STILL
« on: February 05, 2008, 06:19:29 pm »
I held her for a shot in the butt and they took her back.  Dr. Rich said I will most likely get to take her home today at 4:30.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:49:58 am by Lin »

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Grace is at the Vet
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:30:15 pm »
My thougths are with Dr. Rich, you and Grace!!!  I hope you have as much of a stress free day as possible.  Are you going to have an interview today?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:32:59 pm »
My thougths are with Dr. Rich, you and Grace!!!  I hope you have as much of a stress free day as possible.  Are you going to have an interview today?
i have the option for an interview.  this place was advertising for a job with no salary listed.  she called me last night and said they only wanted to pay $8 - 10 an hour and that included babysitting kids at the law firm.  I told her i wanted to make more but can she meet me 1/2 way at $12 an hour.  She said she might.  that's a big might.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:37 pm »
My thoughts are with both of you. She will be just fine and hopefully back to herself in no time. She has to be....I miss the pics of your outings with her.  :) :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 06:50:03 pm »
Don't worry Lin!! (Easier said than done right? haha) Grace sounds like she is in good hands with Dr. Rich. My thoughts are with you two today. I can't wait to here how it all went. And I can't wait to see some post op pics of Miss Grace.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 06:59:39 pm »
i hope that within 6 months she won't need the other one done.  he told me today what i already know. "It's a rott thing.  they have bad ACL's"

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 08:48:45 pm »
((Hugs)) to you, Lin!  Try to do something special for yourself today while you wait!  We'll all be keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Grace!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 11:42:35 pm »
Sending good vibes your way!!! Give Grace smooches for me and Keela!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:19:56 am »
Well she's a little drunk still, but i get to pick her up in an hour.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Grace is at the Vet STILL
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 01:50:36 am »
i went to pick her up and bring her home and she didn't want to come out of her kennel.  so she's sleeping at the vet's office tonight.  but she is ok.  she looks a little drunk and out of it.  i gave her a big kiss and a sratch on the head and left her with the other dogs.   they have a big blanket for her to sleep on and they cover them up with another blanket. 
she watched me come in and out of the room trying to egg her out so she is alert.  i think she's just really spacey and beat.  i hope she's not mad at me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:52:32 am by Lin »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 03:15:03 am »
so glad our girl had a successful surgery.... she will be so happy to home with her mama tomorrow!

I am thinking about y'all and sending tons of healing vibes!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 03:28:31 am »
Thanks everyone. 
It is so quiet here tonight.  i'm going almost mad.  i look in the bed room and expect to see her sitting there on the bed looking back at me.  and it is dinner time. 
it's like my entire schedule is off now.  i can't imagine spending the whole night without her here.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 03:36:41 am »

Lin sorry you had to leave her there i know the feeling its harder on use than it is on them. She will be VERY happy to see her mom tomorrow! Crossing our paws for quick healing for our grace! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 04:53:45 am »
Oh Lin, you poor thing. I was reading BPO from my phone today and have been thinking about you all day. I am sending happy thoughts to you adn Grace and I am hoping that she is resting comfortably.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 05:30:12 am »
i can't wait to see her tomorrow.