Author Topic: My Baby is home!!!!  (Read 7055 times)

lins_saving_grace

My Baby is home!!!!
« on: February 06, 2008, 06:22:50 pm »
I'll post pics as soon as my camera defogs from being in the Jeep all night. 
She's a little miffed, but is home.  She's learning how to sit again, but is glad to be back i think.   
What a difference staying over night made for her. 

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Baby is home!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:35:49 pm »
Sometimes it works that way i am so glad she is home with her Mom! I did't want to leave Bryce at the vet when he was neutered but i had to and i was glad i did! With that big old cone he had to wear! Take care Grace Marina and Bryce
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 06:49:14 pm »
Grace opted not to get the cone.  she didn't lick all night. 
i'm glad she's home too. 
I built little snow stairs at the back of the Jeep for her.  My friend didn't call me back to help today, so we were on our own.  she looked at those stairs and took off away from them.  i caught her butt in mid air, resting her gently on the ground.  now she's out of it again.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:59:16 pm »
Awww. Poor baby. I'm glad she's home. She's like, "Mom, this is not the time for pictures. I don't want people to SEE me like this." hahaha She's so adorable. Here's to a quick and easy recovery!!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:45:42 pm »
Awww, Poor Grace. Give her kisses from me. :-*  :-*

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:56 pm »
I'm glad she's home where she can get some good rest and attention!!  Speedy recovery to you Grace!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 08:03:33 pm »
she's not a happy dog.  she wanted on the couch and couldn't.  so she went into the bedroom and made it up on the bed.  this is after i tried to get her to go potty outside after she had an accident on the floor.  this is going to be a long week.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 08:09:30 pm »
Poor Grace.   :'( :-*

Give her some extra lovings from me please!  Happy Healing thoughts for a quick and easy recovery.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:56 pm »
Here are the pics of her after having gotten into bed.  i tried to put a towell under her rear in case she has another accident and i don't want her to soil her bandage.  Man she's mad.   she growled at me. 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 08:43:35 pm »
Poor thing, she looks miserable. She sure is milking this, isn't she. She's got those "YOU did this to me" eyes. Dogs are so good for the guilt-trip, aren't they. Well, Grace definitely deserves it so spoil her rotten, and tell her to take it easy or Auntie Jeanne will come up there and make her behave.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:04 pm »
Poor thing, she looks miserable. She sure is milking this, isn't she. She's got those "YOU did this to me" eyes. Dogs are so good for the guilt-trip, aren't they. Well, Grace definitely deserves it so spoil her rotten, and tell her to take it easy or Auntie Jeanne will come up there and make her behave.
you promise to come up?  man i could use an extra set of hands.  :)  she was determined to get into her bed where she's happy. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 02:30:46 am »
So I finally got her out of bed and outside where she foudn a nice spot to go.  she came inside after a lot of encouragement and took a while before she figured out how to sit and lay down.  my heart is breaking for her.
I have a job fair tomorrow and don't want to make her curl around in her kennell and hurt herself, so I may baracade the small kitchen and put a blanket down for her so I can leave for a few hours. 
I can't wait till she makes it through this first 2 weeks.  She's not taking it well.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 02:31:55 am »
and pics.

marypyrs

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:03 am »
Poor Baby Girl.  :( Ouch! I can only imagine how much it hurts. (Never having had a TPLO myself) Take care Gracie! Everyone is pulling for you and a full and rapid recovery.  :-*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 03:29:05 am »
Awww poor Grace!!! She's so cute! I walk a dog that JUST had his other leg done and thought I'd post 2 helpful links for ya!

One is for a sling for helping her with stairs and getting on the bed or in the car

http://www.huckfinnpetsupplies.com/lidogslme.html

The other is for the bite not collar (though you might want to see if a local vet carries it where you can pick it up). When you're gone at the job fair she might get bored and start licking so you might want to put something on her to make sure her stitches are left alone.

http://www.bitenot.com/

I hope she feels better soon! With all this cold weather, at least it's perfect for snuggling and watching movies!

both of these look awesome.  i can make a makeshift sling i think.  she's not easy to get something wrapped around her tummy.  if i go near the bottom end of her, she gets all protective.  but it beats try to lift her into a stand and coacks her into a sit again.