Author Topic: Flashback to the 80's?  (Read 4332 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Flashback to the 80's?
« on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:15 am »
After witnessing Rosie's violent head-shaking and pacing, we figured there was something funny going on with her ears. So we took her to the vet to find out she has some early signs of a yeast infection in her ears. What's the first thing I do? Aside from giving her her ear drops, I start looking up other 'home remedies' and little tips from other dog owners' experiences. Someone said something about using a headband to prop the ears open to help air it out and make sure moisture doesn't get stuck in there. The headband trick didn't work too well (her head must be bigger than mine), so I used a rubber band instead. Not too effective either! Here's my tip: Just let 'em hang naturally!
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Flashback to the 80's?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:45:36 am »
OMG!!!  :D  This may be one of the most fabulous things ever!!!  Rasputin has an ear infection right now and the drops arnt cutting it so if you have any proven great home remedies please let me know.  She is so freaking cute!!! Give her big hugs for me  :D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:49:09 am »
All she's missing is the tank top layered with the off the shoulder "Frankie Says" sweatshirt, and arms full of rubber bracelets!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:26:45 pm »
Rasputin has an ear infection right now and the drops arnt cutting it so if you have any proven great home remedies please let me know.

Well we were just told to give her these [expensive] prescribed ear drops for a week straight. And then after that, once a week ear drops for maintenance, and weekly ear cleaning. For the ear cleaning, the vet said we could use rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball (not too much though, so it doesn't pool up in her ear) to help dry her ear out.
Rosie - Newfoundland