Author Topic: Beautiful Rottie pup in Louisiana kill shelter  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Beautiful Rottie pup in Louisiana kill shelter
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:58:52 pm »
Please look at this gorgeous little girl that is at the Houma, LA shelter. This shelter euthanizes twice a week because they are so overcrowded - especially now that spring has sprung. She may only have until next Friday to be saved. The Humane Society of Houma-Terrebonne (not the same unit as the shelter, but we work closely with them) will help transport anywhere she can be saved.

She MUST get spayed!!  To adopt straight from the shelter call 985-873-6709. If you are a rescue organization who can place her in a foster home, they will release her for free. All adoptive homes must pay a small adoption fee (really, it's ridiculously small).

For more info., feel free to e-mail me at houmahumane@yahoo.com or call me at 985-851-4740 or 985-870-0634.

Thanks!
Jeanne
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 03:02:48 pm by jjfritsche »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline RottnPeytonsMom

• Gnawer
  • Peyton
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful Rottie pup in Louisiana kill shelter
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 02:33:39 am »
Hope you dont mind but I cross posted the info on the rottie group that I belong to on yahoo

Please dont forget me, for if I thought you would I would never leave-Christopher Robin

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 07:05:35 am »
Of course I don't mind! And I'm happy to report she is going to a rescue organization near Lake Charles, LA.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 01:04:42 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that the pup and mamma are safe and going to rescue near Lake Charles, LA.

Offline IrisBlue

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 01:08:57 pm »
Does anyone know the Rottie girl's history:  i.e. how  old is she, her blood line, does she have papers?

Next question:  how far could she be transported, who picks up the cost.....etc?

Jen

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 01:08:58 pm »
I love happy endings!  Keep up the good work!!! :D

Jen

Just wanted to let you know that the pup and mamma are safe and going to rescue near Lake Charles, LA.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 02:15:08 pm »
The history of this dog is very sad. Her mother and her were taken from the home of a mentally impaired individual in Houma, LA who was just using the dog to breed for money. The Animal Control Officer actually had to give the breeder $50 of her own money so she could get the puppy out of this situation. There are no papers, bloodline unknown and unverified, etc. She's just a beautiful dog. Thankfully, she is going to be safe, spayed and found a wonderful home her will cherish her for her companionship.

Offline RottnPeytonsMom

• Gnawer
  • Peyton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 12:47:11 am »
I can't believe how the face of that pup reminds me of my Peyton. Glad to hear that she is going somewhere where she can find a good loving home. She deserves it.
Please dont forget me, for if I thought you would I would never leave-Christopher Robin