Author Topic: Transportation Needed!  (Read 11077 times)

Nicole

Re: Transportation Needed!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 02:54:19 pm »
NUH-UH! YES!
It was SUSIE!!! That big baby! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD! WOW! Yeah! I brought her home every night, fell in love with her, and wanted to keep her SO BAD but my boyfriend was like, nope! OH MY GOD HOW COOL!

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 02:56:52 pm »
I just can't say WOW enough! HOW COOL! So, the Herrbach's renamed her "Lacy" and she has the run of their farm and the goats and stuff. They love her alot!

I would love to give this baby a home...or one of the pups. I can't wait to meet her. Where do you work?

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 02:58:58 pm »
What's your name, too? hehehe! I'm so happy to meet you. So, who brought Susie to the Humane Society? Was that you, or your mom? Cuz I met whoever brought her in. She told me about the kittens nursing on Susie...hehehe! This is really cool!

Nicole

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 03:12:21 pm »
Yeah, cool! Did you guys know what happened to her? Or am I giving you your first update?

Definitely keep me posted on Kahlua! Like I said, I'd love to meet her, and maybe take her or one of her pups. I've got a 12 year old girl that LOVES to play dress-up with the dogs! hehehe! We have a Newf mix (Cabeza). He LOVED Susie! hehehe! She used to stand over him and slobber all over his head, and he just loved it! He doesn't really like boy dogs a whole lot, but he gets awful flirty with a big, drooly girl dog!

BTW, my number is 879-8548. Call me if you need any help or anything! Or if you wanna hang out! hehehe! And like I said, I'm willing to help you with the transport, if I can.

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 03:14:48 pm »
Awesome!

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 10:27:22 pm »
That sounds like a plan to me. I still have not talked to Bonita I called her from work and left a second message. If I don't hear back from her by Wed then i'll go by there and get her.

Offline mikesroth

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 01:26:45 pm »
OK. SWMBO gave me the final ok on doing the transport.  Of course, I don't think she realizes this means no STOPPING to sit down and eat.  (Evil Laugh)  So no one tell her!!!!!!!

Just need to find out what details we need to know.  I will need to be a bit 'late-ish' on my side, as I have run my dogs to the kennel after work (hopefully I can leave early).  Then I will be good.  Should even help me 'explain' why we are getting new 'Dog' stuff.  My eldest son doesn't know we are getting the puppy yet.  He was away at my Parents house for the past 3 weeks. :)
Newfie on the Way.....

Offline mikesroth

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 11:43:33 am »
Ok, sorry for the delay.  We are still trying to figure out where we are going in Ohio.  LOL

Lesli, where and when is best for you?  I planned on leaving early early on Friday, so a Thursday handover would work out best.  Let her sleep at our place and take off with us.  Would that work for you all?  How far up does your Boy friend feel like driving?  I am sure we can find some 'Big Public Place' that is easy for both of us to find. :)

Dobur_gurl: Where is Kim located in Ohio?  My breeder's wife has family outside of Toledo somwhere, and we both have a mutual friend, South-West ish of Toledo where we will probably meet.  I'd like to drop Kahula off before I meet up with them, if it is possible.  Just not sure how she'd react to their dogs, or them to her. :)

Does she have any special needs that we need to know about?
Newfie on the Way.....

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 11:49:18 am »
I just wanted to tell you all, how awsome this is, reading these posts and how people get together to save a dog or cat for that matter. Well it doesnt matter that I have worked in rescue for more than 20 years, something like this still sends chills up my back.

You are awsome

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline mikesroth

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 12:12:59 pm »
That is ok, I had chills running down my spine when I realized I forgot to as the wife before I volunteered us.  :o
Then some more when she gave me the, "You did WHAT?" Look. :)
Newfie on the Way.....

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 10:55:10 pm »
That is ok, I had chills running down my spine when I realized I forgot to as the wife before I volunteered us.  :o
Then some more when she gave me the, "You did WHAT?" Look. :)

hahahaha I have good news for you though, you are in the right place. Okay so you are a guy, but it should basically work the same way, and we are maaany maaany women on here that could write a book about "how to get your spouse to do the things they never thought they'd do" (talking about animals now lol......

And dont feel bad, I make "our" minds up all the time, mine and hubbys that is lol....

good luck with transport and all and please let us know how things are going

marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog