Author Topic: Dustin theTibetan Mastiff Looking for a loving home!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3726 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Dustin theTibetan Mastiff Looking for a loving home!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:40:13 am »

Sounds like a beauty ! Anyone interested he is right in my back yard! Marina

dog: Tibetan Mastiff
2-06-2008

Id: 1555862

Owner: chestnut ridge, NY
tobyrocks08197 9@yahoo.com
jennifer

Name: Dustin

Sex: Male

Size: Extra Large

dustin is a fluffy dog who is about 4 yrs. old. we purchased him from a breeder in California. he is purebred and has all of his paperwork and shots. he is neutered. he has lived with 3 other dogs, a 2yr old, and a cat, he has not a mean bone in his body. we are looking fo a great home for him! he does need maintance when it comes to his hair, and is rather large....but a great dog. if you are interested and want some pics, please dont hesiate.
Remove

Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Dustin theTibetan Mastiff Looking for a loving home!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:37:29 am »
I'll ask around! I don't have the room for another one right now...lol.

I am about three hours from there!!

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:10:10 am »
OMG! I would absolutely love a Tibetan Mastiff. They're one of my faves. Gosh dang it! Just not a good time right now!!!! GRRR!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 07:24:47 am »
Oh my goodness!!!!!!  My family will kill me!!  I wonder if she'll send me some pics.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline willowtree

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:53 pm »
I want to talk to my boyfriend about him... he had a Tibetan Mastiff growing up.   We both love the breed.  The only thing is that I'm all for adopting older dogs, but he is a little hesitant because he worries people giving up older dogs are doing so because of a major behavioral problem.  Maybe this would change his mind...  New York is a bit far away for us, but not completely out of the question.
Maddox-- My big black something mix puppy

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 12:52:24 pm »
Lots of people are giving up big dogs because of life changes where they are losing their home or a job and cannot afford to feed a huge dog or provide medical care. 

If you are concerned about a potential behavior issue, ask to take the dog for a checkup and run it past the behaviorist at your local shelter.

Dogs turned in for behavioral issues, in my experience, are generally a year old.   Older dogs with behavioral issues tend to arrive after the birth of a baby in the home.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dustin theTibetan Mastiff Looking for a loving home!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 01:42:28 pm »
I spoke with Jenn today she is going to send me a pic of Dustin if anyone is interested he is very close to me i would be happy to check him out for anyone! Marina

Hello:
I am so sorry it took so long to respond  your email! As soon as i put Dustin on the site, we got so many inquiries, i have been trying to get back to everyone.  He is a great dog! he grew up with 3 other mastiffs from when they were pups. My son has also grown with him, so he is used to children rolling around with him.  He does have his issues....but we have recently discovered the underlying issue.  He has hypothyroidism .  Which is actually good news. It is an inexpensive pill, he needs once a day, and now he is jumping around like i havent seen him do in so long! He still has some skin issues, but our  vet gave us some medicated wipes to use, and it realy helps!  But since he has been on the hormone supplement, his problem have become 90% better, which is a relief, and makes me more comfortable giving him to a new family.....kno wing he is happy!
we also found out that the Tibetan mastiff that showed at Wesminster this year was Dustin's father! I called our breeder when i saw his name on tv, and he was so excited! Dustin's Father had won best in breed, and was the first Tibetan mastiff to show at Westminster! He looked just like Dustin....
So, if you are sill interested in givivng him a new home, please dont hesitate to email me with any other questions or concerns you my have.
once again...i am so sorry it took so long to get back to you....
Jenn
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:58:32 pm by marinafb »
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 03:33:31 pm »
perhaps could it be because of the hormone therapy, the skin wipes, the pills, and other medical issues? Perhaps too much for one to  care for, The poor baby,,,i hope he  finds a home fast!!!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 03:33:54 pm »
That is only a few hours away from me.... :-\
I would like to know why he's being given up though.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 05:29:05 pm »
dog: Tibetian Mastiff
04-04-2008

Id: 1591737

Owner: chestnut ridge, NY
poppyjodi@yahoo.com
Jennifer

Name: Dustin

Sex: Male

Dusin is a large breed dog, who is very fluffy and very sweet. He has grown up with 3 other mastiffs, and a baby, who is now a toddler. He is very tollerant of everyone around him. He doesnt need much excersise, he likes to sit outside, and go for walks. He does have hypthyroidism, so he needs one pill a day to level out his hormone. He is a great dog, but we have another baby on the way, and can no longer give him the attention he deserves. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to email me
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats