Author Topic: Doggies In Tacoma--Clean Up!!  (Read 1461 times)

Offline GeegLuvMyDogs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Doggies In Tacoma--Clean Up!!
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:24:48 pm »
I just took our Newf to a "do it yourself" doggie bathing place last week in Tacoma, WA and I thought I'd let everyone here know about it. It's called "Shampooch" on 6th Avenue...just west of downtown Tacoma and it's very reasonable:  Only $20 for a Newf!!  (compared to over $80 at a national pet retailer/grooming shop), with the prices going down from there.....

Anyway, they provide the blowers, the towels, the shampoo and grooming supplies. I think it's a great deal!

Gigi

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Doggies In Tacoma--Clean Up!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:33:54 pm »
Wow, sure would be nice to have something like that here.  They'd lose money on my Newfie between the gallon of shampoo and the six hours under the dryer.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:53:05 am »
Yay!!! Im happy someone else has learned the joys of cleaning your big dog by yourself!!!  Its time consuming but totally worth it.  I would have to get another full time job to keep Rasputin clean if we didnt have one of those here.  Luckily the place here keeps all organic dog food, so when i run out of food i just take in my boy and kill 2 birds with one stone.  I will say its a bit cheeper here $11!!! but my boy has been going there since he was a month and a half old  :P

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:59:00 am »
We are also in the NW and we have a great local pet store that has a self serve dog bathing area also. It's $15 and it also includes unlimited warm water, shampoo, towels, blow dryer, use of brushes & Furminator, etc. (though we use our own brushes).  The best part for us though is that it's elevated so we aren't permenantly hunched over like when we bath our pups at home.   ;)  ;D  We also love that we can be sure that the dogs are totally rinsed.  They used to itch sometimes after we took them to the groomers, so we'd have to rinse them more at home.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees