Author Topic: Tibetan Mastiff puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)  (Read 7329 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Tibetan Mastiff puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:50:29 am »
Okay, not anytime in the near future, but I met a breeder at the show, fell completely in love with her male Thor, and have entered into a psuedo client/breeder relationship with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have been drooling over TMs for a while now, infact it was just before I got Naja that I saw my first picture of one.  I was mucking about on the internet looking at different breeds of dogs, and then I came across a site for TMs.  Ever since that day I've been reading about them and looking at pictures, and generally wishing my very hardest that I could have one.  Then at the London Dog Show I met my very first Tibetan Mastiff!!  He was just beautifull, big thick head, massive paws, they were like bear mitts!  Gentle and even temperment, attentive in the ring (although he didn't really win anything).  He was good with strange people coming up to him, and the fur! OMG he had the thickest, softest fur I think I've ever felt!  So she and I get to talking a bit, I asked her all the questions that I've read on here (that I can remember) that you should ask a potential breeder.  She's not planning on breeding Thor for at least another year, I'm not going to be ready for a TM yet by then, but she invited me out to her house to meet her pack.  She has imported a couple dogs directly from China and Tibet, the parents are all given a complete workup from head to tail before they attempt to breed, she takes and rehomes dogs that for some reason don't work out in their new families, she keeps in contact with the families for the entire life of the dog, hm, what else... Oh, I told her all about where I live and she wasn't too happy with the whole no fence thing, but will be willing to come take a tour of our property, I explained Naja's temperment and that she is the top doggie here, I don't want a dog who's gonna be too submissive, but I can't have a dominance struggle either, I can't think of anything else, but I'm REALLY excited!!!

But like I said, it's not going to be for a while yet, I'm willing to wait for the right puppy, I don't care how long it takes (well to a certain extent ::) :D)   

Haha, I just re-read this entire thing, and I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, but I'm still really excited.  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Tibetan Mastiff puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 03:57:46 am »
That is way too exciting!  I am in love with a Tibetan Mastiff named Murphy who is on the Tibetan Mastiff rescue site right now.  There is no way I will ever be able to have all the breeds I want, but TM's are right up there near the top.  That is great that you have taken the first steps - how cool that you get to go see her dogs!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:51:50 am »
Congratulation s in advance.  I think my TM is the most perfect dog in the world.  London, I love Murphy, too.  If you are on the website and look at the rescue success stories, the one named Conan is my Cody.  You will love this breed.  From what I have read and been told about the puppys, I don't know that I will ever have a puppy.  I would love to get a juvenile one day to show, though.  Good luck and congratulation s again.  If the breeder you met is S.E., ask to see the pictures she took in Tibet.  She posted them on a TM forum and I kept most of them on my computer.  I had so much fun looking through the pictures at the dogs in Tibet.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:18:51 pm »
I'll let you know if it's the same lady when I find her card Kathy, it might be 'cause I think her name was Sue Edwards, but I can't remember right now, and I misplaced the card. But I also got a booklet from her of her championship dogs and bitches, two of which came right from Tibet, and China, she said she spent last summer over there.  The dog Thor, who I'm in love with won titles in Europe, Tibet, and elsewhere.  I left that at my dads, I'll get it later tonight and update you after school. 

Tina, she lives just North of Toronto, so unfortunately any visits that I make will be planned events.  It's just too far to travel to volunteer like that.  But I do hope to visit a few times a year so I can really get to know all her dogs. 

PS.  I'm still really excited!   :D ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline YG6

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:37:24 pm »
If the breeder you met is S.E., ask to see the pictures she took in Tibet.  She posted them on a TM forum and I kept most of them on my computer.  I had so much fun looking through the pictures at the dogs in Tibet.
Kathy

I saved them too!  The pictures were great!

It's most likely Sue as the picture posted in another thread was of her boy Thor.

Offline YG6

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 08:39:35 pm »
I'll let you know if it's the same lady when I find her card Kathy, it might be 'cause I think her name was Sue Edwards, but I can't remember right now, and I misplaced the card. But I also got a booklet from her of her championship dogs and bitches, two of which came right from Tibet, and China, she said she spent last summer over there.  The dog Thor, who I'm in love with won titles in Europe, Tibet, and elsewhere.  I left that at my dads, I'll get it later tonight and update you after school. 

Tina, she lives just North of Toronto, so unfortunately any visits that I make will be planned events.  It's just too far to travel to volunteer like that.  But I do hope to visit a few times a year so I can really get to know all her dogs. 

PS.  I'm still really excited!   :D ;D

Her name is Sue Elworthy.  She lives near Peterborough. I've known her for a few years, she's a really nice woman with some lovely dogs.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:40:07 pm by YG6 »