Author Topic: Zoey's broken butt  (Read 19115 times)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Zoey's broken butt
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 02:45:33 pm »
Oh Heather, I'm so sorry.  We're thinking of you.

Lyn

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 02:45:45 pm »
I'm so sorry Heather. :'( My heart goes out to you and Dan.

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 04:57:10 pm »
Heather,

While I am new to the board I would just like you to know that our family's thoughts are with you during this difficult time.  Our hearts are breaking for you.  As I read through the posts, tears came to my eyes for both Zoey and you.

Marianne and the Mals
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 05:22:33 pm »
Oh, I am so sorry that you had to go through that by yourself.  It doesn't make it any better, but she is free now and you gave that to her.  My thoughts are with you and Dan, I hope you were able to go and be with him.

RIP sweet girl.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 08:36:13 pm »
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I wish I could say more but the pain is really more than I can bear to say.

I feel like a zombie, exhausted and numb and weary, but I can't sleep because it feels so wrong to go to sleep without taking zoey out for the night. I'm hungry but I can't eat because it felt wrong to eat without zoey drooling over my pizza. My lungs are burning because the stress and anxiety have really aggrivated my asthma, and I've given myself a sinus infection from all of the crying.

I made a reservation to go meet Dan in Texas on Sunday. I'm hoping some time away will help me heal, but I know that it will be so much worse when I come back and all of her things are here but she isn't. I gave all of her food and treats to her best puppy friend next door, but I can't bring myself to look at any of her other things.

I have known for awhile this was coming but I was in so much denial about it would hurt. I know that she is happier now that she is free from her pain, but I would have taken her pain for myself if it meant I could just have a few more days with her happy and healthy
RIP former BPO

Nicole

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 03:40:55 am »
Oh Heather!
 I don't know what happened, I guess I somehow missed the original thread. But I'm so so so so so sorry for you losing Zoey!
 Its only been a few months since Mabel has been gone, so I still remember how you are feeling. I'll be thinking of you!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 05:16:03 am »
I'm so sorry for your loss. Find peace in knowing that Zoey's at ease and no longer plagued by pain. I know it's easier said than done, but know that we're thinking of you.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 06:07:34 am »
Oh Heather! My heart is breaking for you and Dan. I can't imagine this whirlwind you've gone through in the last few days. It's difficult for us all to imagine that Zoey won't be with you any more, at least in the physical world.

Just don't forget that we are all here to help you through your sadness and no one expects you to heal overnight.

Big Hugs!!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 06:26:09 am »
 :'( :'( :'(I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're feeling now. I'm bawling right now, just thinking about how horrible it must feel. You definitely did the right thing though. Zoey is no longer in pain. It's all about quality of life, not quantity. And you gave her so much love and affection-she had a wonderful life. I'm sure she would be thanking you right now, for the wonderful life you gave her, and for putting her out of misery when things got really painful.

Going down to Texas definitely something you need. You need to be together during this rough time. My thoughts are with you two.

RIP Zoey :'(
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 10:43:40 am »
Oh my.  From the bottom of my heart, I want to send you my deepest condolences. I am so sorry that this has happened to you and your family.  Please take the time to grieve, heal, reminisce, and eventually, you will find peace in your heart again. 

RIP, sweet gal. 

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 11:15:48 am »
I am so very sorry.  Zoey was blessed to have been so loved and so well cared for.  Take good care of yourself now and know that despite your own pain that you did what was best for her.  You & Dan will be in my prayers.  ((hugs))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 01:57:46 pm »
I'm SOOOO sorry to hear about Zoey! If you need anything let us know. You made the right decision for her and we all know it was a hard one for you to make. She was lucky to have you and Dan. RIP Zoey.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

k2campbell

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 06:46:43 pm »
Oh, Heather...I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now (where the heck have I been)! :-\ I'm so, so, sorry for your loss... :'( :-*

PLEASE don't say that you couldn't help her, you did everything that you could for Zoey (and more!), you gave her all of the love a dog could ask for and you freed her of her pain & suffering...a lot of people couldn't do that, it was an act of compassion and I admire you for that! :-*

Know that Zoey is now resting comfortably, and that she's watching over & and Dan...and will be forever  :) I'm so sorry and if there's anything we can do for you...you know we're all here for you  :-*

Big (((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) to you Heather, sending lots of thoughts your way  :)

RIP Sweet Zoey, you will be greatly missed  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:48:45 pm by k2campbell »

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 08:29:51 am »
Heather- I am soo sorry for you and Dan. I know how much you loved Zoey. I have been away from the computer for a few days and I am not trying to catch up. I am thinking about you and sending you good thoughts.
Paige

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:43 am »
HOLY COW!!! WHAT HAPPENED HERE??? I left for our dog show on friday and i come home to read about poor Zoey!!! I am so sorry, it is so hard to loose one that is loved so much.  Dogs are our soul mates, and are always there.  I am sure that all pets, including Zoey will be waiting for us at the rainbow bridge. I can not give enough condolences to you!!!