Author Topic: He did NOT just do that!!!!!!  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
He did NOT just do that!!!!!!
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:43:57 am »
MILES JUST PEED ON MY FUTON!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

He has NEVER done such a thing before!!! I just got out of the shower, he jumped up on the futon, and PEED! Right in front of me!!! And he did NOT have to go outside. I had just taken him out probably a half an hour ago. I had just put the futon down for him because he likes to look out the windows behind it...and no one really goes on the futon much these days but him. Could it be like...he is letting everyone know it is his or what!? He's never marked anything before though!!!

I seriously cannot believe he did that. I made a loud noise to make him stop like when we were potty training. Oh no, didn't phase him a bit. He let it all out. I better be able to get the pee smell out >:(
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: He did NOT just do that!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:55:33 am »
OMG!!! I cant believe that he did that.  Rasputin did that only once in front of me, I was being intimate with my fiance and he walked right into the doorway and peed on the floor!!!  So, my two cents is that its kind of a dominance thing, maybe he wanted you attention.  :P  (sorry about the slight graphic nature of this, i tried to make it as tasteful as possible)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:38:34 am »
We were out of town for 5 days once and Lily traveled with us. When we walked into the house Lily ran and jumped on her bed and peed  :D I though that was really odd but she hasn't done it any more. Hopefully it will be your case  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 06:30:11 am »
HAHAHAA. Oh man. Branni and Miles sure are two "pees" in a pod. hahaha I cannot imagine if they were together. They would be influencing each other left and right. Left alone for 5 minutes and they would have the place (wherever that may be haha) destroyed. :P ;D :D :D ::)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 07:55:14 am »
When Tani was a young pup, around 6 or 7 months, she used to jump up on our bed and run around in circles while peeing! Soooo gross! My husband did that thing where you flip them on their backs to establish dominance, which I didn't like - it seemed mean somehow, although it was nothing more than a stare down. Anyway, I have to say, it totally worked.She didn't EVER do it again and has been a complete angel ever since. She's now roughly 3 years old. ;)
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 08:32:44 am »
hmmm... The only time Oasis ever peed in the house - and right after I brought him inside, too - is when he had a kidney infection. This may not be as funny as you think. Keep an eye on him. If he does it again, I'd have the vet check him out.

Don't mean to "piss on your parade", but thought you'd like a 2nd opinion.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 09:12:52 am »
Well, we got lucky with Tani in general. We were pretty sure it wasn't submissive peeing, because she did it both in front of us as well as when we weren't there. Mmmm, slipping into bed only find a cold wet suprise drizzled all over the bedding...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:05:35 am »
My husband did that thing where you flip them on their backs to establish dominance, which I didn't like - it seemed mean somehow, although it was nothing more than a stare down. Anyway, I have to say, it totally worked.

Jeff and I have had to do that a few times with Sierra when she was younger.  The first time I saw him do it I freaked thinking he was being mean to her, because I had never heard of it before.  She is a very dominant dog and she took things too far sometimes.  In her case it wasn't peeing, it was nipping unecessarily and such.  She is still dominant with other dogs, but she learned she can't be with any of the humans in her house.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 09:36:22 am »
Noah would do it all the time. Pee on the beds. He had a seperation anxiety problem though so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. Annie on the other hand has no seperation issuses but forces herself to pee and poop in my room. If she gets free from the dog den the first place she goes is to my room to poop and pee and I knwo it's forced because it's really small compared to her normal business. She has serious issues as far as housebreaking is concerned and I'm actually at whits end with her and not quite sure what to do anymore.

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 01:01:18 pm »
Bear just this morning went in and Peed on Maxs dog bed >:(
Thats 3 times he has done that! At first I thought accident but not now,He just came in from outside walked in the bathroom and peed on Maxs bed,I think he is marking.
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

lorim2

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 02:33:36 pm »
Well I think we can top it all!  Marley got really upset with me once (about 2 months ago) because I wouldnt let him in my bedroom because I was changing the bedding.  So anyway after I was through I came out and went about my business.  A few hours later I went in there something and found a nice huge doodoo surprise in the middle of my newly made bed!  Really sucked for old Marley because there is absolutly no one besides him in our house who could dump that big! 

marypyrs

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 02:39:28 pm »
I wonder if it's their Universal Language when all else fails?  ??? "P***" or "Po*" 'on you'? ?  ;)  ;)