Author Topic: CRACKED TEETH!?!?!?!  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
CRACKED TEETH!?!?!?!
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:53:26 am »
Oh my god!! I'm freaking out right now! I was just looking at Miles' teeth and it looks as though two of the top teeth are CRACKED. There is a tiny little line down two of them!!!! He is just a puppy!! How in the world has he cracked his teeth already!? Is this NORMAL? I surely do not think so.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: CRACKED TEETH!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 07:59:40 am »
Ok, now that I look at them closer maybe they aren't cracked. maybe they just aren't fully developed yet? Because I looked closer and noticed the other teeth looked sort of "cracked" but then it looks like they're just not completely grown. or that is how they grow? i dont KNOW. I'm so weird. ::)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:27:05 am »
Ok. I think I've officially gone insane?
hahaha

Anyway, what i am trying to explain is that the molars have like a layer of enamel...then its pointy....does that make sense?

I think I'm just a worry wart because if its NOT supposed to be like this...then like all his back teeth are messed up. haha and i'm pretty sure he would be in pain or something. :P ::) ::) ::)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:33:45 am »
Here is the scary thing for you...all of my front teeth are like that! When I look at it through the light they are half way cracked. I am not in pain and I am pretty sure that I am not going to loose all of my teeth  ;D My dentist never made a comment about it and I never brought it up :-\ He would think I am insane. And YES, I am a worry wart myself  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 10:53:35 am »
Ahhh!  I love to see that I'm not the only worry wart!!! :) 

When Champ was about 3 months old, he cracked his tooth, too.   Don't ask me how, but it cracked vertically.  I took him to the vet and the ended up having to put him under and pull it.  The crack went all the way down to the root (which I couldn't see) and could have caused an infection?  abscess?  I don't know...somethi ng bad!  So, if you think it's cracked, I'd make a little visit to the vet!  Good luck!

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 06:13:37 am »
Oh my gosh! hehehe I love your pictures!!! Thanks so much for those! That blue arrow area is interesting. Hmmm. ??? I tried taking pics of Miles' teeth, but you couldnt see what I was talking about in the pic, SO I drew one! hahaha A very very BAD one might I add.

The line in the middle would be what I THOUGHT the crack was, but then after looking at them closer, it's like a layer of enamel from the gum to the line I drew....the thickness of that enamel varies, so some look cracked but then if you look closer and feel them you can tell its not...whereas others it just looks like extra enamel. As I said before, I am assuming this is normal as almost all his pre molars are like this. And if the enamel was breaking off, I dont think it would be coming off in layers. ???

My Beautiful drawing
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees