Author Topic: New big puppy to love (forever this time!)  (Read 1320 times)

Offline willowtree

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New big puppy to love (forever this time!)
« on: February 17, 2008, 06:37:40 am »
So after the whole Cooper/Roy incident, my boyfriend and I started looking for a new pound puppy to love and spoil.  We saw this guy on Petfinder at a shelter about an hour away and went to go check him out.  There were TONS of puppies and very young dogs there (including a huge, one year old Great Pyrenees), but after playing with and interacting with  a bunch of them I was still stuck on this one... so we got him on Thursday (our Valentines puppy).  We named him Maddox.

He's as sweet as can be and a bit shy when he is in new situations, but he warms up quickly.  He is a bit low energy, but he still plays around and likes to romp around outside. 

He got a clean bill of health from the vet yesterday, save some roundworms in his stool.  He is 24 pounds and somewhere between two and three months old.  He has the softest puppy fur... I just can't stop petting him!

We aren't quite sure what his mix is.  I think he's a lab/newfie mix.  The shelter had him listed as a lab/south russian ovtcharka.  My boyfriend thinks he has some caucasian ovtcharka in him, but only time will tell!  His webbed paws indicate some kind of water dog, but we don't know if that comes from having some lab or newfie or something else in him.  The vet said she was really curious too and told us about this test that they have to tell what breeds  he is.  It is $150 though and of course she wasn't curious enough to pay for it herself  ;)

Here are some pics and I'll be posting some better ones as I charge up my camera again!  The pictures do not do justice to how cute and fluffy he is!

Maddox-- My big black something mix puppy

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: New big puppy to love (forever this time!)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:13:50 am »
Yay! Congrats on Maddox! He looks awesome, and I am soooo jealous! He'll be a dream come true - your Karma coming back to you!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: New big puppy to love (forever this time!)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 09:08:41 am »
Good stuff
Maddox looks cool, Lets just hope you don't run into his previous owners lol
I got a Newfie/lab x (aparently the mum was a lab Bt.Bernard mix) but he turned out to be real good)
so good luck and congratulation s