Author Topic: Butch  (Read 7198 times)

Offline choppersmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Butch
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:31:22 am »
This is Butch we think he is a 1 year old Akita mix. Any thoughts?  He is about 25" and about 65 lbs I know that is small.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Butch
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:12:45 am »

Butch is cute maybe that and husky? How old is he? More pics please! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline choppersmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 05:16:52 am »
vet says hes about a year.

here are a few of him playing with my APBT Chopper

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 02:03:54 pm »
I would say Husky and or Akita to.

He is adorable! he doesnt look so small..ha..ha. .
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:36:58 pm »
He definiately has the Akita head and 'radar' ears.  His coloring is almost collie-ish, though.  What a cute boy!  He has that dopey puppy look in the first picture.  I guess he's a bit small, Kana at age 1 was about 70 lbs...so he's not such a small boy.  Kana grew a lot during his 11-15 months...He just recently (in the last year) has hit the 100 lb mark (somewhere we thought he'd be sooner than now).  Kana is a Japanese Akita which is a bit different than an American.  White mask vs. black, a bit smaller (our last American girl was 115 lbs), etc. 

SO, hope this helps!  ;)
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline choppersmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 03:12:23 am »
My groomer said that she thought he has cattle dog markings. I can see that but I was told on another forum that while a spoted Akita is not common it's not unheard of. I did some research and there is another breed between an Akita and a Sheeba that is a medium size, that it's gaining popularity because so many people dont have room for 120 lb dog but don't want a small dog either.

It really doesn't matter what he is, I still love him. The only reason I wonderd was because I was researching temperment. With an APBT that could have been an issue but it hasn't so far.

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:15:23 am »
My groomer said that she thought he has cattle dog markings. I can see that but I was told on another forum that while a spoted Akita is not common it's not unheard of. I did some research and there is another breed between an Akita and a Sheeba that is a medium size, that it's gaining popularity because so many people dont have room for 120 lb dog but don't want a small dog either.

It really doesn't matter what he is, I still love him. The only reason I wonderd was because I was researching temperment. With an APBT that could have been an issue but it hasn't so far.

On what site did you see about this 'mid-size' Akita?  Just wondering!
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita