Author Topic: how old were your pups when you let them out all night  (Read 4969 times)

Offline iluvmyshepxhusky

• Gnawer
  • Topher @ 5 months.
    • View Profile
Re: how old were your pups when you let them out all night
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:55:18 pm »
I first let my dog sleep out of the crate and on my bed at about 8 months, then if he would jump off i would lock him up (so he wouldn't get in trouble)and after about a week he stayed all night untill I got up but i still kept the door closed then a couple more months of that and now I leave the door open and he stays all night no matter what, it's a rolling process you just need to keep the dogs best interest in mind you don't want them getting into something dangerous while you are asleep. ;)

^^^Topher(german shep/ alaskan husky mix 1yr 6mths)
Spike (mini poodle 13 yrs)
Buffy (shitzu bichon mix 5mths)

Allison : )

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: how old were your pups when you let them out all night
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 10:05:32 pm »
We have 3 pups. Maulgrim is an Alaskan Huskey and I believe he is ADHD.  He slept in his crate until this winter (18 months old).  He sleeps on our bed upstairs.  If we don't put the babygate up he tries to wander the house and gets into trouble.  If the gate is up to maintain him upstairs he just stays on my bed.  We tried the younger Malamutes upstairs but it gets to warm (al my heat rises from the first floor).  My Vander (male) refuses to sleep upsatirs and if I left him loose he would find ways to break into my cupboards.  His sister - Jadis - would love to sleep upstairs but Vander cries for her.  Their crates are almost adjacent.  If I were to sleep on the couch on the main floor I think all would be fine - but I love my bed too much!

Each pup is different and I think they change over time!

Marianne
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)