Is your dog spayed or neutered?

Yes
33 (64.7%)
No
5 (9.8%)
No, but he/she will be
13 (25.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Is your dog spayed or neutered?  (Read 5156 times)

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Is your dog spayed or neutered?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 10:09:49 pm »
All 3 have been surgically altered (as the vet says).  My husband was not on board with me - but after careful consideration and not wanting any incestuous (sp?) pups I thought it best.  They all did fine with the procedures!  I was more stressed than they were!

Marianne
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 05:53:48 am »
Well my vet recommended I didnt get mine spayed until 2 so that way they would have all the time to grow.

Also the breeder we got Bell from had a contract with us that he got to use her one time with breeding because of her color and bloodline.(suppose to have great hunting bloodline  but all she hunts are flies) ;D

She was a momma about a year ago but is getting spayed March 3

I agree,Thats the reason I did not say if Bear will be neutered or not,If i do it want be until he is 2 or so,I want him to get to full male size.Some people think it does not stunt there growth but it does,taking the testostorone(sp?)from the male will cause him not to be as bulky/large as he could be with testostorone(sp?)
If you have ever seen a stud horse and a gelding,the difference in stance and build is quite different.
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 06:24:55 am »
Since I am not a breeder and have no desire for puppies/kitties, all mine are fixed.  Cats (when I have them) are not allowed outside until they are fixed. 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 07:49:07 am »
Odin.....no way.  Not for what I paid for him.  If I EVER choose to show him, he needs it. 

April, the full blood line seal pt siamse cat, yes....spayed. ...at 2 years.

Onion (passed)...springer not spayed.  Show quality.  Just in case.....very diligent is all.

karma is kewl!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 08:06:30 am »
Moo is fixed, was at 6 months.  Naja I hope to get fixed before her first heat.  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 08:13:27 am »
MY dog is spayed...nuete red? what ever they do for the males...I auctually got him fixed a little young (thank god!!! hes 120 lbs and squats when he pees  :D :D, saves my raspberry bushes!!!)and although he is show quality!!!! i have worked at too many shelters and my friend's dad runs the city spay and neuter clinic here, so i just know the consequences of bad breeding and thoughtless owners who dont watch their dogs utereses/testies.  The chuihuahua on the other hand, is not mine, and my husband will NOT GET HER FIXED!!!! its the only thing that we have ever fought about, shes only 3 1/2 lbs if she got pregnant it could kill her and it would be a pain in the butt anyway (besides they are ugly  :P ;))