Author Topic: NDR - Karmic payback the awesome way?  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
NDR - Karmic payback the awesome way?
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:51:41 pm »
This is wierd. About two weeks ago, hubby, kids and I were going out to dinner. While driving, hubby noticed a guy laying on a parking lot next to his car. We zipped over, and helped the guy up. He could NOT stand on his own, and was VERY unstable. He said he had just started a new heart med but we are guessing he washed it down with a shot of something. Anyway, he said he was ok to drive - the meds only affect his "motor skills". HELLO?? He turned over his keys to hubby, and hubby drove him, his groceries and his little paw home while I followed in our car with the kids. We got him inside his house and brought in his groceries, and he promised he'd call his doctor. Anyway, we were proud of ourselves and felt really good about undoubtedly saving lives that night - can you imagine if he had driven himself home? Yikes! So yesterday, I found a lady on line (through Freecycle - don't know if they have it in Canada. It's a message forum for giving away stuff via the "one man's trash is another man's treasure" method) who was GIVING AWAY a 100 gallon aquarium and stand!! It's worth at least a thousand bucks! We are avid aquarists, and our 55 gallon salt water tank obviously was unable to move with us to California from Florida. Anyway, she picked US to get the tank!!!! How awesome is that??
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:53:32 pm by Ali »
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: NDR - Karmic payback the awesome way?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:56:25 pm »
Wow gotta love Karma huh! Good for you guys.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:42 pm »
That is awesome.  I can't think of a more deserving person for her to give it to.  You deserve it.  Enjoy.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:36:40 pm »
YAY!!! Congrats!!! on being a good person and the tank.  I used to have 3 salt water tanks now im just down to one 75 gal reef.  Good luck and good job!!!!  :D :D