Author Topic: 3 Puppies, 3k Dog walk and a wagon  (Read 8306 times)

bigdogs@5501

3 Puppies, 3k Dog walk and a wagon
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:34:03 am »
Our local SPCA had thier annual 3k dog walk this saturday. The dilema was how to get 3 Pyr babies to walk even 10 feet...problem solved- A wagon. They did great. The little badger boy spent the day with his brother and sister before going back to his new mommy that evening. Also I had my newest foster child, Angel, at the walk. She is 1/2 Saint Bernard and 1/2 Great Pyrenees.
The babies spent most of thier time in the wagon and they were a big hit, it took us forever to walk because everyone wanted to love on the puppies. But it was a great socialization time for them.
At last they crashed in the soft grass.

bigdogs@5501

Re: 3 Puppies, 3k Dog walk and a wagon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:26:39 am »
Angel is 8 months old and she is weighing in at about 78 pounds. She is staying at one of my fosters home. I finally got to meet her in person and of course instantly feel in love. If you hug her, she wiggles her whole body in happiness. She was on death row and after some major finagling on my part I got her off of death row and out of Louisiana. I cant say enough good things about her foster mom- If it werent for the foster mom, Angel would no longer be around to give kisses.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:53:14 pm »
Liz, you are too sweet. I know that you and so many others do so much for the dogs as well, I am fortunate that I am able to actually be able to house a few while they are waiting for thier forever homes- Again thanks to all of BPO- you guys and Jane have been so supportive and that means a lot.

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:43:39 pm »
What real Beauties! How old are your babies? do you breed and sale pyr pups or rescue them?
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

lookingfornewf

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 11:49:12 pm »
They are too cute. I want a wagon full of pyr pups. ::) ;D

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 11:52:41 pm »
So much fun!!! Wagon, puppies, sunny day, what else can you ask for?  ;D
Angel is so cute  :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 07:59:03 pm »
Angel has been adopted to the most wonderful family. She has 2 brothers, a beautiful sweet black Lab, named Bear and the most wonderful, hyper little brindle dauchsund mix named Maximus. Angel is in love with Max and they ran and played so hard last nite- when she would finally catch him, she would slobber and kiss on him, poor little guy was so slobbered on last nite. Hopefully Angels mom will be joining BPO soon.

marypyrs

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 03:24:36 am »
Oh My Gosh Paige! That's wonderful news about Angel! I fell in love with her picture.  :-* You've done wonders with the pups in need from Shrevport! You are a Blessing.

I had to chuckle at the picture in my mind of Angel & her new best friend Max. Rainbow's 'bestest friend' in the world (next to Whisper) is a mini Doxie. It's a riot to see them walk the Lake Walk together. He always walks UNDER her.  :)

Still trying to wrap my mind around the thought of any place being warm enough for a "walk" like that.  :o WHAT?!?! No long johns? No Sorels? Choppers? And no frostbite?  ::) I want to move to Texas!

Offline Misha

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 04:28:24 pm »
Awww, they look so cute!  :) Just a quick question about the wagon -- I am looking for something similar to take my really old dog for walks, so I am wondering what kind of wagon you have, and where can I get one exactly the same? Thanks.

Misha

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 08:22:12 pm »
Awwwwe,they are so adorable!!
I'm glad that Angel found a wonderful home.